Author Topic: Level Idea  (Read 64929 times)

tumble_weed

Re: Level Idea
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2005, 06:08:25 AM »
ahh thanks guest for #2...I remember I heard that about a year and a half ago...but i completely forgot...that would explain why the exit doesn't work sometimes

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2005, 02:12:43 PM »
Ah. The Z order was 31 for whatever reason. Works fine now.

Your move, Shvegait.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2005, 03:04:33 PM »
How's work on this level going?

Conway

« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2005, 05:27:09 PM »
Download it and see!

edit: Nice addition, Steve! I knew you'd liven it up somehow. B)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2005, 06:31:12 PM »
This is going to be interesting... I'm gonna go take a walk. Maybe some good idea will hit me  :)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2005, 07:57:12 PM »
OK, I've made my addition (The walk helped a ton!) It's all down to guest, now :)

Download Here

« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2005, 08:29:08 PM »
Wow that was quick.

I have been and will still be at work for the next 5 hours, so don't expect anything from me until at least tomorrow.  I still haven't seen what Insane Steve did, mind you.  ;)

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2005, 08:48:39 PM »
Well, the quickness should give you an idea of how much free time I have right now :P I should also say that the trick I added is one I had been looking for a long time to put in a level, and I was lucky that it could fit in here. :)

Oh, and I called the level "Collaboration", of course because of the whole concept behind the level, but also because of how the climbers have to work together.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2005, 08:50:32 PM »
I just realised my addition can be back-routed with a very well-placed bomber. This can be fixed by shifting one piece I placed left 2 pixels, and another I placed left one pixel. It doesn't affect any one else's pieces, nor the solution or addition Shvegait made (Very neat addition, by the way). Shall I fix this, or should it wait until, say another go-round? Or...?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2005, 09:11:41 PM »
So has the level been finished then or almost?

« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2005, 09:19:01 PM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1119907802/135#143 date=1121892632
I just realised my addition can be back-routed with a very well-placed bomber. This can be fixed by shifting one piece I placed left 2 pixels, and another I placed left one pixel. It doesn't affect any one else's pieces, nor the solution or addition Shvegait made (Very neat addition, by the way). Shall I fix this, or should it wait until, say another go-round? Or...?

Go ahead and fix this.  To Shvegait:  please keep the existing version as well so I can decide which version to base off from.  Although highly unlikely, it could be the case that I might in the end prefer to expand off of the backrouted version.

JM

« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2005, 09:20:55 PM »
I've had a look at this level and it's not bad.I really like it.

Offline Shvegait

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 20, 2005, 09:50:12 PM »
Oh, good. I had noticed that backroute, but I forgot to say something. &#A0;X_X I wasn't sure if it was a big deal or not, because it just allows you slightly more room for error (unless you are referring to something else). The tools are all still used in basically the same places, and to the same effect.

@guest: Will do, but I suspect it won't matter either way.

tumble_weed

« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2005, 01:45:27 AM »
Quote from: Insane Steve  link=1119907802/135#143 date=1121892632
This can be fixed by shifting one piece I placed left 2 pixels, and another I placed left one pixel.

i haven't checked out the level yet, but it sounds like a really precise level...I'll download your additions tonight and see what you've done

« Reply #149 on: July 22, 2005, 09:36:09 AM »
All right, judge for yourself  :-/:

http://www.geocities.com/guestlevels/lemmings/grplv1-6.zip

I'm still not at peace with my additions, but turns out one lovely aspect of being the last person to make additions is that, adding just a single skill to the skillset often results in backrouting other people's contributions if you're not careful.  So ultimately, sorry but I'm just unable to come up with anything better than what you get right now, and I don't want to drag on with this.

Note:  I still haven't seen Insane Steve's fixes yet, so I'm going to let him do the fix himself directly on this version of the level (it wouldn't affect anything else besides his portion of the level).  The level in its current state is based off of what Shvegait originally put out.