Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #10  (Read 9165 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #10
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2016, 11:55:26 AM »
We're receiving a lot of entries here!

As such, I'm making a special offer (sort of) - if we get to 16 entries, then 2nd place will also get a prize. In the event that the same person gets both 1st and 2nd, then 3rd place will get the extra prize.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2016, 08:02:05 AM »
Stupid Questions:

From the general rules:
c. A level is not eligible if it has had a prior public release, even if that was on a different engine. Small-scale private releases (such as asking one or two people to test your level) will be tolerated.

I have a level I made a bit before this contest started in order to try out the new NeoLemmix skills.  As such, it is a 20-of-everything level. I never publicly released it. Can I submit it to the contest?

--

Also, just to make sure: From what I understand, you can submit two levels, but they cannot both be for the same rule. Is this correct?

--

And last stupid question: If I submit a level and then make a better one before the deadline, can I replace my submission with the newer level?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 08:34:13 AM by Dullstar »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2016, 04:38:46 PM »
Stupid Questions:

From the general rules:
c. A level is not eligible if it has had a prior public release, even if that was on a different engine. Small-scale private releases (such as asking one or two people to test your level) will be tolerated.

I have a level I made a bit before this contest started in order to try out the new NeoLemmix skills.  As such, it is a 20-of-everything level. I never publicly released it. Can I submit it to the contest?

As long as it fits the rules, and hasn't been publicly released before, yes.

Also, just to make sure: From what I understand, you can submit two levels, but they cannot both be for the same rule. Is this correct?

Correct.

And last stupid question: If I submit a level and then make a better one before the deadline, can I replace my submission with the newer level?

Absolutely. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2016, 10:51:55 AM »
I've looked over all the levels submitted so far, and (assuming 100% is possible on all the Rule 2 levels; I didn't actually play them to make sure) all levels submitted so far meet the criteria of the rules they were submitted under. :) Normally I'd PM entrants to confirm this, but there's so many... :P
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 12:53:49 PM »
If anyone has any further entries to submit, there's one week left to get them in. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2016, 10:48:55 AM »
There's about 36 hours left to get any last minute submissions in. :) (As per the deadline extension rule; if any last-minute entries do come in, entries don't close until 72 hours after the last new one.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2016, 10:50:31 PM »
We've had one such last-minute entry, so the new deadline is 15:37 on May 27.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2016, 04:33:35 PM »
When the playing phase begins, I may have a little suggestion for the NL entries:

- Offer them bound together in a standard pack with the music tracks build in, too.

Here are quite a few levels this time and that MAY be worth it, even with the updating it "should" be alright to maintain.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2016, 04:37:38 PM »
- Offer them bound together in a standard pack with the music tracks build in, too.
If you do, then please in addition to a zip with all single level files.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2016, 01:58:14 AM »
When the playing phase begins, I may have a little suggestion for the NL entries:

Here are quite a few levels this time and that MAY be worth it, even with the updating it "should" be alright to maintain.

Great idea.

If you do, then please in addition to a zip with all single level files.

And this makes sense too.

I'll put both up; however I'll stress that the NXP may not be updated as often.
My Lemmings projects