Author Topic: [FIXED] Gliders fall through thin floors in 1px wide gaps [BUG]  (Read 1945 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
As you can see in the OP I submitted both of my levels to the Contest. However, I discovered a bug whilst playing one of my two levels. When a Glider falls down a 1-pixel wide pit they apparently glide through floors that are three pixels or less (And in my case, as it's the bottom floor they fall to their death :(). I've remedied this by stretching the walls out a bit. Still worth mentioning though.

See attached level for examples. In particular note - it does not happen if the wall continues for at least 3px below the top of the floor (not including the top pixel of the floor itself, so 4px total).

Bug confirmed to occur in both V1.43n-F and Nepster's experimental V1.44n-B; there does not appear to be any differences as to when it does or doesn't occur between the two versions.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:42:23 PM by Nepster »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Gliders fall through thin floors in 1px wide gaps [BUG]
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 05:03:56 PM »
Here an explanation what went wrong: When a glider hits a wall, he always checks a few pixels below whether he can continue gliding by moving slightly down. Now assume he hits the wall just where it meets a very thin floor. Then he finds that a few pixels below there is air, so he can continue by moving a few pixels down. Who cares, that there is a thin platform between?
So the bug is actually nothing specific to a 1-pixel wide gap. This set-up just leads naturally to hitting walls right above the floor.

This bug will be fixed in the next experimental version.