Author Topic: [BUG] [EDITOR] Can't change data when windows are placed on bottom panel  (Read 3033 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/22/when-bottom-panels-are-in-use-level

So, basically, I want to create a new level for example. I move my windows down and fixate them to the bottom panel to prevent obscurity, and what happens? I can't add a title to it, change the skillset or change any other data, meaning I can't modify any boxes, apart from the checkboxes.

This bug applies to all windows BTW.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:25:41 PM by namida »
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Is it the same problem, IchoTolot reported in www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2529.28 (see post 29)?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
It is, yes. I've been looking for threads showing that; but I couldn't find it, so I thought I'd post a new topic about it. Didn't think that was actually in the main thread though. :-[
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
This was introduced as a result of fixing the bug where resizing the panels stopped hotkeys from working. It doesn't really look like there's much way to fix both at once, so most likely those panels will just be removed altogether - they cause more problems than they solve.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
This problem is very irritating; these panels are basically vital to the way I create levels, I would hate them to be removed and I will be using an older editor version for now as they are unusable. Just don't let the panels be resized or something and give an option to turn them on and off.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
This problem is very irritating; these panels are basically vital to the way I create levels, I would hate them to be removed and I will be using an older editor version for now as they are unusable. Just don't let the panels be resized or something and give an option to turn them on and off.

I have to kind of agree. While I think I could live without the panels I definitely find them very useful.
Disabling the ability to resize them would fix the hotkey issue. And I never need to resize them [now that they are an appropriate size unlike in old Lemmix].

Btw; might these glitches have anything to do with a point about how the hotkeys work: certain
hotkeys like "select all terrain, [T] select all objects (O)" only work if the windows are NOt in the pannels at the bottom. while they are some of these keys Instead select different forms in those pannels. (I might have this reversed) Much how on many windows programs, like firefox for example holding down ALt then F key selects the File menu.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
These panels have been removed for the next update. Sorry to the people who liked them; but they would be too much trouble to fix, and don't really offer anything you can't do without them.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)