Author Topic: Windowing order issues [BUG] [EDITOR]  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Windowing order issues [BUG] [EDITOR]
« on: June 05, 2016, 04:49:57 PM »
BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/35/window-order-editing-is-practically-broken

The windowing order function in the NeoLemmix editor has been very buggy for some time, but I haven't used it.

However, someone is using it right now and they have had a problem with it. So I had to test it through and noticed some things:

1. When Adding, you will always get Object #0. Even when highlighting a trapdoor of a different index number, when clicking on Add it says Object #0.
2. When playing a level with more than one trapdoor, only the trapdoor with the lowest index number is where the lemming comes out.
3. Sometimes, when testing a level, it ends up with another List index out of bounds error (e.g. when I delete one of the trapdoors in a level).

This is all I can dig out for now.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 02:29:31 AM by namida »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Windowing order issues [BUG] [EDITOR]
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 10:54:15 PM »
Okay...

1. It's normal for "Add" to give Object 0; that's basically the filler until you change it. The "From Selection" button actually sets the selected entry to the window you have selected. Nonetheless, I made a couple of improvements here - firstly, when clicking "Add" the new addition is automatically selected, and secondly, if the user has a single window selected, it'll set the new entry to that.

2. I have no idea what you mean by this, could you explain please?

3. This will occur if any entry in the window order list refers to an object beyond the last object in the level. I'll make a change to the editor so it won't save such entries.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 01:36:11 AM »
I think I was in a rush when I wrote all those issues down, so number 2 isn't as clear. :-[ :-[ :-[

Looking more into the window ordering thing, when only Object #0 (the lowest index number of an object) is on the list, only the lemmings comes out of the trapdoor I've highlighted in the screenshot below (and as you can see in the game screenshot).

Please disregard #2 now.

However, I found another error: This happens when I click on the "Selected" button. See the third picture.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 04:00:35 AM »
I'll take a look at that. I have a rough idea of what might be happening.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)