Author Topic: Lemmings Challenges  (Read 122957 times)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Challenges
« Reply #510 on: February 27, 2006, 06:33:20 AM »
Going back to Wild 15, I just figured out another way to get 48/50! ;D &#A0;The only glitch it uses is the "digging through steel" glitch at the end of the level. &#A0;Highlight the text below for details.

[highlight]1. &#A0;The first two lems from the left entrance bomb as soon as they enter the level.
2. &#A0;The first two lems from the right entrance block (one near the trap and the other under the entrance).
3. &#A0;The third lem from the left entrance walks into the hole created by the bombers. &#A0;He bashes right after walking back and forth in the hole once.
4. &#A0;When the basher runs out of material to bash, make him build at the last possible moment. If the basher and bombers were placed correctly, nobody will leak through before the bridge is completed. &#A0;
5. &#A0;Once the builder reaches the wall, make him bash. &#A0;Speed up the release rate to 99 a stroke or two before he reaches the first blocker. &#A0;
6. &#A0;Once the basher is past the trap, lemmings will start to walk out of the tunnel. &#A0;Make the second one block on top of the white staircase.
7. &#A0;The new leader builds when he reaches the right half of the chain.
8. &#A0;Release the blocker by bashing under his feet.
9. &#A0;The leader digs near the steel on the right so that he goes all of the way down to the exit. &#A0;With luck, the last of the lems will catch up just before the digger breaks through, and nobody will fall too far.
[/highlight]

This just barely works and it may be difficult to reproduce, especially since the two bombers and all three bashers require precision. &#A0;Also, the timing was incredibly tight on two separate occasions. &#A0;The first builder finished just before another lem caught up, and the final digger had just one pixel to go when the last few lems finally caught up.

I'm assuming that this solution is different from ccexplore's and tseug's solutions, as it doesn't use any glitches other than the steel digging at the end.  There's no "Wild 15 glitch" in my solution that I know of.

tseug

« Reply #511 on: February 27, 2006, 11:58:50 PM »
That is almost exactly the same as my first 47/50 solution. The only difference is that no lems catch up to the builder and are lost. I didn't feel leak tweaking that because of the time limit.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 28, 2006, 04:40:32 AM »
Quote from: tseug link=1117597280/510#511 date=1141084730
That is almost exactly the same as my first 47/50 solution. The only difference is that no lems catch up to the builder and are lost. I didn't feel leak tweaking that because of the time limit.
That's no coincidence. &#A0;I was looking for ways to conceivably get 48/50, and since I still don't know what the Wild 15 Glitch is, using the principle behind your 47/50 solution was the only thing that came to mind. &#A0;In getting 48/50, I didn't have any problems with the clock at all -- I still had about 10-15 seconds left. &#A0;I will admit that I was very lucky because I got everything to work without much tweaking (it could have been a lot nastier).

I still don't know ccexplore's 48/50 solution, but this proves that the Wild 15 Glitch is not necessary for 48/50 (although it probably makes things a lot easier).