Author Topic: Ctrl+A = Select all pieces [SUGGESTION][EDITOR]  (Read 2076 times)

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
Ctrl+A = Select all pieces [SUGGESTION][EDITOR]
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:57:04 PM »
BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/13/ctrl-a-instead-of-just-a-for-select-all

Just a simple suggestion, pressing ctrl+A should select all terrain and objects. This is a standard keyboard shortcut and is useful for repositioning the whole level along with other things.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 11:06:27 PM by namida »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Ctrl+A = Select all pieces [SUGGESTION][EDITOR]
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 05:59:49 PM »
Just press "A" without "Ctrl" and everything gets selected.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 06:02:57 PM »
Oh, I didn't know that, though that shows that Ctrl+A should at least also work as that's what is used in every other tool I can think of and therefore is what I'd think to try. Especially considering the fact that Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V are used for copy/pasting rather than just C or V

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 12:29:48 AM »
If you're wanting to move the whole level, I suggest using the "Shift Level" option in the Edit menu. This adjusts things like the screen start position and VGASPEC position as well as the pieces.

Giving Ctrl+A a select all function makes sense, so I'll put that in. Just keep in mind that it'll (in most cases) be inferior to the Shift Level option.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)