Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] [PLAYER] [LOW PRIORITY] Statistics instead of scoring system?  (Read 2085 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Status: Already a planned change sooner or later. Just not very high priority on the todo list, currently.

BitBucket: https://bitbucket.org/namida42/neolemmixplayer/issues/3/add-a-post-level-statistics-display
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:52:47 PM by namida »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: [SUGGESTION] [PLAYER] Statistics instead of scoring system?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:44 PM »
As shown in this topic, it looks like a majority of the people think the scoring system should be removed, and instead general statistics should be shown.

I agree that the scoring system should be removed in favor of statistics as the scoring system doesn't really have much of a purpose to me either. The statistics thing can also be very useful even for level designing (e.g. when one wants to make a repeat version of an easier level with the fewest skills used possible).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUGGESTION] [PLAYER] Statistics instead of scoring system?
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:45:56 PM »
It should be, and will be eventually. I'll leave this topic open for discussion of how / what should be shown.

This topic from the old NeoLemmix V2 board may also be relevant for background reading, so I'll leave the link here.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
I've now removed the score system for the next update. I haven't yet put in anything new to replace it, though.

Part of the reason was that it's broken anyway - ever since the introduction of the improved back-frame-stepping, the score system hasn't worked properly. I figured it made more sense to remove it now, rather than fix it only to remove it a few more versions down the line.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)