Author Topic: Nothing NeoLemmix-related working on my computer  (Read 7615 times)

Offline rtw

• View Profile
Re: Nothing NeoLemmix-related working on my computer
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
None of them are working at all. No error messages or anything. I feel like it has to be something on my end blocking it, but I can't figure out what.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 06:20:34 PM »
That's very strange indeed.

The only thing I can think of is - try adding NeoLemmix.exe to Avast's exception list for auto-sandboxing. If that doesn't help (and to be honest, I'd be surprised if it does, but it's the only thing I can think of), I really don't have any other ideas sorry.

Just in case - can you send me (via PM) the copy you have of Revenge of the Lemmings that works? I very much doubt it'll help, but I'd like to look at it just in case.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 06:23:16 PM »
Maybe try to turn down the Windows security settings ???

You can also try put up your "Revenge of the Lemmings" version that functions so we can examine it?

I am pretty much confused by now ???
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:30:25 PM by IchoTolot »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 06:35:08 PM »
One more thought - it's a longshot but, what's your system's language setting? While I seriously doubt that'd be the problem, I don't think we can say for sure NeoLemmix works on every possible language setting. Off the top of my head, we have or have had people here who use English (both US and UK), German and Finnish; and most likely a few others too. If yours isn't one of those, can you (if you don't mind) try changing to one of them and seeing if it works; and if it does, can you let me know what your usual language setting is so I can try and investigate why it doesn't work?

By the way, I moved this topic to the NeoLemmix board, as it's more likely NeoLemmix followers will see it there, in case anyone else has had similar problems and knows of a fix.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 06:45:35 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 29, 2016, 06:58:28 PM »
I did it! Talking about Avast made me decide to poke around in its settings. Under Exclusions, there was a tab called DeepScreen, and there was only one program in there: Revenge of the Lemmings! So I added NeoLemmix to the DeepScreen exclusions and it worked!

Thanks so much, everyone. What a great community.

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2016, 07:03:38 PM »
:party::party:

Finally! Congratulations on getting it to work! :thumbsup:

Regarding videos: Somehow my recording/streaming program doesn't recognize the NL window, so I simply record the full screen.

Also I advertise reading Nepsters manual: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2414.0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2016, 07:14:17 PM »
Awesome, glad to hear you got it working. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline rtw

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2016, 07:59:27 PM »
Yep, the technical hurdle of actually getting it to open has been passed. Now to get it to work on stream. (I did a quick 5-minute test stream, and video cut out not long into it. I'll try to do another test tonight, but I have a lot of schoolwork that requires my attention.)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2016, 09:03:31 PM »
Use screen-based, not window-based, capture modes. NeoLemmix does some very kludgy stuff in relation to windows, whether actually in windowed mode or in fullscreen.

Whenever I've done recording, I do full screen capture (of course, this probably isn't ideal if you use windowed mode, although some apps probably let you specify a certain part of the screen by coordinates rather than "capture this window"), using OBS, and it works fine apart from minor glitching of the mouse cursor sometimes. This has worked for me on both Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure I used that setup on Windows 7 at one point too).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:44:47 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects