Author Topic: [BUG] [TOOLKIT] [N/A] "Always Unlock All Levels" does not enable cheating hotkey  (Read 2970 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Status: Not a bug. Resulted from a misunderstanding of how the option works.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 06:31:27 PM by namida »

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: [TOOLKIT] "Always Unlock All Levels" doesn't work
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 08:04:49 PM »
According to namida checking "Always Unlock All Levels" in the FlexiToolkit option menu permanently enables the cheatmode. However whenever I compile NepsterLems with this setting, I still have to enter the cheatcode!

PM with the folder contents will be sent to namida in a minute.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 08:06:10 PM »
It doesn't actually display "Cheat code enabled" (because there is one slight difference - "Unlock All" does not cover secret levels (regardless of the "Allow secret levels via cheats" option's setting), because I would presume that someone who intends to include secret levels does not want them unlocked by default, otherwise they wouldn't make them secret in the first place). However, if you try using the direct access codes (eg. "TRICKY10" or "0210"), or using left/right on preview screen to navigate to levels you haven't yet reached, you should be able to do so.

Perhaps some kind of indicator should be added to say that a pack has this option enabled?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 08:12:43 PM »
Ah, thanks for the further explanations. I just checked and these codes worked. So yes, some kind of indicator is definitely needed, especially with most of the current content having passwords.

Secondly, the hotkey for skipping a levels still doesn't work!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The skip level key is more or less a deprecated feature anyway; it's a relic from before you could just press the Right arrow on the preview screen to go to the next level when in cheat mode, or when all levels are unlocked, or even when neither of those is true but you've simply reached the next level previously (since NeoLemmix saves progress).

If anything, I should probably get around to fully removing it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)