Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8 (Voting Phase)  (Read 7324 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8 (Voting Phase)
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:46:42 AM »
You all know how this works. Vote for up to the specified number of levels. The top two levels will then go to a one-on-one voteoff, and we'll have our winner.

Remember that due to only 3 entries, only first place gets a prize for this one.

EDIT: The two remaining participants in the finals agreed to call it a draw, with no prizes awarded. Congratulations to both of you. :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 01:33:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8 (Voting Phase)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2015, 08:56:32 AM »
Not much of a voter turnout... Nepster's and IchoTolot's levels were tied with 2 votes each! Let's see how they go in the final, now...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 01:36:12 PM »
Wow, it seems just like only little me with my only vote dertermined the winner!

What's up people? I know that quite some people other than me played the levels! Everyones opinion counts!

Or we can make contests in the future where you make the levels and I alone decide the winners, while I lean back and watch in the making phase :P

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2015, 02:37:38 PM »
Well, I never vote if it is just a choice between two levels, of which one of them is mine. And now I won due to a vote from the creator of the other level in the finals. This feels like a very undeserved winning, so please add a vote of mine for IchoTolot's level :).

PS: I cast a vote for IchoTolot as the High Judge of Contest Levels ;).

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 10:21:27 PM »
Well, I never vote if it is just a choice between two levels, of which one of them is mine. And now I won due to a vote from the creator of the other level in the finals. This feels like a very undeserved winning, so please add a vote of mine for IchoTolot's level :).

PS: I cast a vote for IchoTolot as the High Judge of Contest Levels ;).
Ty for the offer, but I really don't need the vote. I don't care much at all about winning. Creating and playing stuff (with certain rules) is fun and it's particually some free feedback :). It's just a little sad seeing your vote is the only one.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2015, 10:28:41 PM »
I know I haven't been active in a while but I'd like to try and enter the next contest.

And If you're okay waiting a day I could try these two levels [I have not played them yet] and vote, to determine the winner? :-\ :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2015, 11:20:51 PM »
If both of the creators are okay with it, I'm happy to extend the voting time and/or try and decide on a way to split the prize.
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2015, 11:28:39 PM »
I didn't even see that the voting ended today :XD: Also didn't bother to check if my proposal is okay with the rules
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2015, 11:45:25 PM »
I didn't even see that the voting ended today :XD: Also didn't bother to check if my proposal is okay with the rules

I'm sure there's something in there that says I can arbitrarily change the rules (and if not, I can just add something that says that :P). While of course this is generally a bad thing, I think if all remaining participants agree to it, it's fine.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2015, 09:18:00 AM »
Why not call it a draw (with no prizes awarded)? Winning seems neither important for IchoTolot, nor is it important for me. Together with the general lack of interest in voting, it just seems a waste of time to continue this.
But if you really want to extend the voting time, that's Ok with me.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2015, 09:21:50 AM »
I'm fine with either of those, but either way IchoTolot needs to agree to it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2015, 11:11:14 AM »
Alright, let's call it a draw and move on.

Winning through a revote would be no statisfaction for me either.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2015, 04:19:27 PM »
I really wanted to vote, but I was unable to beat your levels. I also couldn't participate in the contest because as I've stated in another topic, I can't create very difficult levels; the hardest I can get is Taxing-early Mayhem. I'd love to create levels using the L2 and L3 styles in the future, though.

Is there anything else we can do aside from contests that will motivate people to make levels? Perhaps a topic where people can share level ideas. Or maybe something like collaboration projects like what you have seen in Picnic 33 "Edge of Oblivion" and Frenzy 13 "Collaboration" of Revenge of the Lemmings, or even this level, which could use more fine-tuning?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2015, 01:32:25 AM »
I also couldn't participate in the contest because as I've stated in another topic, I can't create very difficult levels; the hardest I can get is Taxing-early Mayhem. I'd love to create levels using the L2 and L3 styles in the future, though.

There have been plenty of cases where the most difficult level hasn't been the one that wins. Contest #7 was a brilliant example - IchoTolot's level was clearly the hardest, yet came second to the (relative to Icho's level) fairly easy level that GigaLem submitted - because (at least this was my logic in deciding my vote) GigaLem's level was more fun, and not so frustrating.

However, perhaps we do need some more contests like Contest #2 that specifically focus on the easier levels.

This discussion is probably best for a seperate topic, though.
My Lemmings projects