Author Topic: Improved Flexi Toolkit (V1.02 update released)  (Read 13861 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Improved Flexi Toolkit (V1.01 update released)
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 12:02:13 PM »
Released an update which fixes those issues, and a few other (less major) ones:

V1.01
-----
> Music packs will no longer be deleted when saving a project; only when building an EXE (and
  even then, only if overwriting it with one being made during the build process)
> Gives a warning when attempting to build an EXE with a rank name that contains characters
  NeoLemmix currently cannot handle in rank names
> Fixes an issue with the Musics panel which may cause failure to save level packs
> Fixes an issue where the "Save" option (as opposed to Save As) may corrupt level packs
> Fixes an issue where building an EXE may corrupt level packs, unless the EXE is built
  immediately after either opening the pack or saving via the Save As function
> Fixes an issue where trying to play the Frenzy music in the toolkit would play the
  Gimmick music instead (this does not affect the actual project; only which track
  you hear upon clicking the "Play" button in the editor)

There's no fix yet for the issue of players crashing if rank names contain spaces or commas; that's an issue with the player, not the toolkit, so it won't be fixed until the next player update (which I'll probably get onto very soon). In the meantime, the toolkit simply won't build an EXE if crash-causing rank names are present; it will tell you exactly which name is problematic (and why).

For the record - if you've successfully built a pack with a previous version, there's no need to download this new version and rebuild your pack with that; the output won't be any different. But if you plan on making further changes and/or building another new pack, I highly recommend upgrading.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 12:09:31 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 06:10:36 PM »
I have a really pesky error that has to do with musics.

In the Musics tab, when I add all the default Orig and ONML default tracks to the Built-In, and set the reset standard rotation after track 23, then compile the EXE, an error occurs whenever I play any level after the first level of a rank:

Bestand "track_XX.it" staat niet in archief. (with XX being the track number).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2015, 10:02:42 AM »
DynaLem: I've had no problem with this myself, but I'll look into it. If you could send me a ZIP of your project folder (feel free to make a "dummy" project that just contains filler levels if you can recreate the problem, and don't want to disclose anything about your actual project) that'd help. :) Just to double-check; which version of the tool are you using? And do you have any music pack present? I have attempted to recreate this problem, but haven't managed to do so.

GigaLem: Are you referring to this tool itself? There's a download link in the very first post of this topic. There's also a download link on the NeoLemmix website, and a download link is included with the links every time there's a NeoLemmix update. If that's not what you meant, what *are* you asking where to find?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:53:45 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2015, 06:49:27 PM »
nevermind i didn't see the first page

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2015, 12:42:17 AM »
Thanks for helping me with fixing the music issue in the Flexi Player!

The Cheapo player is now all ready. The download link for that can be found in the NeoLemmix website.

Note that some levels use gravity changers and upside-down entrances; I intentionally did that for completeness purposes; anyway, the level can be skipped by pressing left/right on the preview screen, as I had all levels unlocked from the start.

I'll be converting a lot more Cheapo levels.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 12:51:37 AM by DynaLem »

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 18, 2015, 05:04:33 PM »
Testing something else. I'd like to use the Acorn Music, but all I have is the MOD format of them. Also:

Like with graphic sets, you may want to add your own custom musics. Two formats are supported; IT or OGG. Formats similar to IT should also work, such as MOD or XM. Like with graphic sets, you can use the "Add" button here (or "Replace" in the case of wanting to replace an existing or placeholder track) to add them. When adding (but not when replacing), you can select multiple tracks at a time.

However, it won't let me add the MOD files, even if the files are in the same folder. There is no option to display them via "Files of type" in the "Open file" dialog box.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2015, 05:07:01 PM »
Rename them to have an IT extension, then import them. Formats other than IT aren't officially supported, but work via that workaround. (I plan to support them better in V2.00n, don't worry about that.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2015, 03:38:09 AM »
Addition for the next update - a "Check for issues" option on the "Other" tab. This will try to detect some common problems that occur:

- Invalid / corrupt MAIN.DAT file
- Levels in outdated formats (anything that isn't either 10KB format with a style name (not just a style number), or variable-sized format)
- Levels that refer to non-existant graphic sets
- Levels that refer to non-existant music files

Also, I added a "Replace" button on the Levels tab. Currently it only has "Add" and "Delete", so if you wanted to replace a level, you'd have to delete the old copy, add the new one, then move it to the correct position in the list.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 08:10:23 AM »
Got quite a few fixes for the next update. Note that unlike with the player, it isn't too critical to find every bug before the next update; the toolkit can be updated independantly of the player.

Some of the issues that have been fixed (and this somewhat doubles as "list of issues to be aware of"):
> the Load / Save buttons for TALISMAN.DAT can corrupt the pack's MAIN.DAT file (and often don't work)
> "Replace With Default" on the Musics tab doesn't work properly when used on blank slots; the files are lost when the pack is saved
> "Replace" (from file) on the Musics tab doesn't work properly with the Frenzy (non-music-pack) slot
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Improved Flexi Toolkit (V1.02 update released)
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 05:45:45 AM »
V1.02 update is here. Most important points are that it has NeoLemmix V1.35n-C, it has updated versions of graphic sets (and a handy "Refresh" button on the graphic sets tab to auto-update the copies in existing projects), and an Issue Checker on the "Other" tab that should detect some of the most common issues packs might have.

V1.02
-----
> Contains NeoLemmix V1.35n-C player
> Contains updated versions of graphic sets; to facilitate updating to these, a "Refresh" button
  has been added to the graphic sets tab which updates to the new versions
> Fixed a bug which may cause MAIN.DAT corruption when importing or exporting TALISMAN.DAT file
> Fixed various bugs on the Musics panel
> Added an "Issue Checker" on the Other panel; this will check for common problems with the pack,
  such as missing musics / graphic sets. It is NOT a comprehensive test of every possible issue;
  it just spots some of the most common and easily-overlooked matters.

Please be aware - levels in the 10KB format should be upgraded to the newer variable-sized format. This is required if they pre-date the graphic-set-by-name feature; otherwise it's just recommended. The Issue Checker will let you know if there's any levels which need to be upgraded (but, IIRC, it doesn't point out those that are merely recommended to update).
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 06:12:13 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2015, 08:55:32 AM »
Found a bug; replay checks don't work properly on Flexi-packs.

What's actually happening here is, there's an option (not listed in the Flexi Toolkit, but it's available by modifying the SYSTEM.DAT file through the NeoLemmix Editor's SYSTEM.DAT editor) to enable or disable the replay checks. The Toolkit always sets this object on. However, the player interprets it as the opposite of whatever it's set to - so the option works, but it's treated as "off" when it's on, or "on" when it's off. So, all that's needed to fix this is change the name of it (in the editor's SYSTEM.DAT menu) to "Disable replay checks", and set the default to off instead of on. In the meantime, to get replay checks working for custom packs, simply use the NeoLemmix Editor's SYSTEM.DAT editor and turn that option *off*.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »
Out of interest - has anyone tried using this on Linux under WINE, and if so, does the Build EXE option work properly? (I would be surprised if any other part doesn't.)
My Lemmings projects

Online Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 03:30:24 PM »
Already reported in IRC: namida has sent me his raw data for the NL introduction pack. Flexi imports this, and builds an executable that runs in Wine. First level plays with music and everything.

Building an empty project produces an executable too, which unhandled-pagefaults upon running.

-- Simon