Author Topic: Level Review - MazuLems  (Read 7376 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Level Review - MazuLems
« on: March 04, 2015, 04:23:52 PM »
Despite this one being one of the most popular Fangames by Martin Zurlinden back in the VTM days, I'm surprised that no level review has been done for this one yet.

So, why not start a level review for this one too?

Download of the Lemmix player, compiled by namida.

Images can be found in Mindless's Level Database:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Extra Levels

Level 1 - A Giant Leap for Lemmingkind
50 Lemmings
96% (48) to be saved
Release Rate 1
4 Minutes
3 Climbers, 3 Bombers, 3 Blockers, 5 Builders, 2 Bashers

Good: An excellent and challenging way to begin the pack. You'll have to do this one in the correct order; if you mess up, you will have to start again. This one also uses some good tricks.
Bad: Nothing really, this is a great starter to this pack.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Level Review - MazuLems
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 10:47:51 PM »
nice! a levelpack that certainty deserves to be reviewed.

Level 2 - Stairway to Heaven

60 Lemmings
100% to be saved
Release Rate 40
4 Minutes
10 Climbers, 10 floaters, 10 Bombers, 10 Blockers, 1 Builders, 10 Bashers, 0 miners, 10 diggers

Good: the design is really great; there are interlocking colors of bubbles instead of one solid type which adds interest and the thicket work comes out of the bubbles in a good looking way.
The puzzle is really good too, a fun one that was unique. Possibly the first level to use this technique. [someone correct me; this levelpack was released in the late 90's?] May seem impossible at first but is so simple in retrospect.
This level begins the major trend in this pack of having 10 of everything except a few other skills with a limited quantity. I like this theme of having a surplus of skills but still being challenging.

Bad: I honestly can't think of anything, even if I try.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Geoffster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 03:00:54 AM »

Level 3 - The Pool

50 Lemmings
98% to be Saved
5 Minutes
1 Climber 2 Blockers 5 Builders 4 Bashers 1 Digger

Good: Excellent level!  The terrain pieces are well-used to give hints about the intended solution.  Once you figure it out, it's easy to execute, except...

Bash: I was able to bash (left) through a BIG chunk of steel on the right side of the pool, ruining an otherwise worthy attempt.

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 03:47:24 PM »
To answer möbius... I think the first level to use that trick is actually Wicked 5 from Oh No! More Lemmings, although its used as a delaying tactic against sloped terrain rather than to release the horde.