Author Topic: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #3 - Tag Team!  (Read 12141 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Official Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #3 - Tag Team!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 03:53:13 AM »
The levels for Phase 2 have been sent to contestants. For the rest of us, there isn't much to do in the meantime but sit back and wait. Good luck to all entrants! :)

For the entrants: If you have any questions you want clarified about the rules etc, feel free to ask me by PM. I'll post them in this topic so all entrants can see the answers, without you having to reveal who you are.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 06:19:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2015, 03:10:29 PM »
I don't remember reading anything about it in  the post but how have you divided up the levels among three people?

The only rule I stated was "if Person A gets Person B's level, then Person B won't get Person A's level". Thus, the only way to stick to this with only 3 entries was A -> B, B -> C, C -> A. To determine which "direction" they were rotated in, I simply took the first entrant (in alphabetical order) and used a randomizer to determine which other user's level they got; then the rest was just what fits the pattern.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2015, 04:12:02 PM »
I don't remember reading anything about it in  the post but how have you divided up the levels among three people?

The only rule I stated was "if Person A gets Person B's level, then Person B won't get Person A's level". Thus, the only way to stick to this with only 3 entries was A -> B, B -> C, C -> A. To determine which "direction" they were rotated in, I simply took the first entrant (in alphabetical order) and used a randomizer to determine which other user's level they got; then the rest was just what fits the pattern.

oh ha, I wasn't thinking straight. for some reason I thought with three people one person wouldn't be able to get a level.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 05:41:37 PM »
All three entries have now been received, so I'll quickly check them for rules compliance etc, then we'll begin the playing phase. :)
My Lemmings projects