Author Topic: Level Review - MobiLems  (Read 5894 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Level Review - MobiLems
« on: January 28, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »
This review topic will be for möbius's MobiLems.

I feel that the thread needs more Lemmini levelpacks, and this pack is a very excellent and challenging pack (though I haven't solved the later two difficulties yet). The levels don't seem to be on the same difficulty curve as Original Lemmings though; they're quite puzzling and challenging.

Make sure you have the recent version of MobiLems, which you can download here.

There aren't any images of the levels yet, so we'll have to do without them.

Here we go!

Friendly 1 - Lesson 1
10 Lemmings
50% (5) to be saved
Release Rate 30
5 Minutes
10 climbers and 10 floaters

Good: Nice Athlete tutorial. The level's design gives you get a lot of leeway on when you should assign the climber and floater. The title is also interesting and works for the very first level of the pack.
Bad: I can't really think of anything bad for this one. Maybe the trap, which only has a purpose in this level's repeat version? It's a very minor thing, though.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Level Review - MobiLems
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:28:01 PM »
Friendly 2 - Road Block
40 Lemmings
62% (25) to be saved
Release Rate 40
5 Minutes
20 Blockers

Good: This is a pretty cool blocker tutorial. It's quite different from many other tutorials in that you have to handle two sides as opposed to one. I love the symmetrical design as well.
Bad: The release rate is a little bit too high.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!