Poll

Final Round - Vote for ONE level.

Wicked 03 "This Corrosion"
4 (33.3%)
Havoc 05 "There`s madness in the method"
8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: April 13, 2015, 11:01:55 PM

Author Topic: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Winner: Havoc 5)  (Read 44332 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 3)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 06:43:07 AM »
I think I remember voting Wild 1. When I was younger I always liked exploding lemmings to see if they can get down to the bottom towards the exit. It's very random where the bombers end up without blockers, and that's what made it so addicting.

I voted both Havoc 10 and Havoc 14 in that last round. They're both great concepts for 1-minute challenges, and two very different ones at that.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 12:43:03 PM »
I was more surprised about Havoc 14 having more votes than Havoc 10 personally.

Personally, I found Havoc 10 a bit annoying (didn't get a Vote from me), while Havoc 14 is just a nice multitasking level, so my Vote between these two went to Havoc13

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 09:06:49 PM »
Havoc 10 has a couple of interesting challenge solutions: save the max possible, or solve without changing the release rate. But the main solution is one of the easiest and least interesting in the game, the only tricky part is given away by the level title, and it's in the last difficulty rating. So yeah, not winning my vote  :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2015, 02:58:35 AM »
Qualifying levels are:

Wild 10 "Higgledy Piggledy"
Wicked 10 "Temple of Love"
Wicked 16 "Five Alive"
Havoc 02 "Be more than just a number"

Next round is up. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2015, 10:51:13 PM »
Havoc 10 has a couple of interesting challenge solutions: save the max possible, or solve without changing the release rate. But the main solution is one of the easiest and least interesting in the game, the only tricky part is given away by the level title, and it's in the last difficulty rating. So yeah, not winning my vote  :P

I realize I'm the only one with this complaint, but do people really have to persist in referring to levels as "Havoc 10" "Mayhem 14"? Why can't you just say the level title; the more complex, memorable name given to levels to make them easier to refer to, to give them more of an identity, to make them more memorable.
Every time I read a post like this if I really want to know what your  talking about I have to drag open Lemmix or look at some list and find the level you're talking about.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2015, 07:40:52 PM »
I realize I'm the only one with this complaint, but do people really have to persist in referring to levels as "Havoc 10" "Mayhem 14"? Why can't you just say the level title; the more complex, memorable name given to levels to make them easier to refer to, to give them more of an identity, to make them more memorable.
Every time I read a post like this if I really want to know what your  talking about I have to drag open Lemmix or look at some list and find the level you're talking about.

You're not alone. I completely agree with you that it's hard to know which level people are talking about when they just say the rank and number.

Anyways, on that last round, "Five Alive" is actually related to gangs(the whole thing goes "five alive, six down" or something like that, but I doubt that DMA was gang-related :D)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 4)
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 01:57:20 AM »
As well as voting for the two front-runners this time, I voted for Tame 8, because it's at least a little interesting if you do it with builders only, and, well.... this wasn't a great batch and I just couldn't find any other level I liked  :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 4)
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 02:36:22 AM »
Qualifying this set are:

Wild 06 "Just A Quicky"
Wicked 06 "PoP TiL YoU DrOp!"
Havoc 04 "The race against cliches"

Next set is up. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 5)
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 07:08:13 AM »
Aww, Down and Out Lemmings lives up to its title :( :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 12:40:49 PM »
Aww, Down and Out Lemmings lives up to its title :( :P

To be fair, it did VERY well for a Tame level. :) It was tied with two other levels; had it been tied with only one, it would've made it through.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 06:19:16 AM »
Qualifying levels are:

* Wild 03 "Lemming Rhythms"
* Wild 05 "Lemming Head"
* Wild 07 "You Take the High Road"
* Wicked 03 "This Corrosion"
* Havoc 18 "Lemmings in a situation"

Next round is up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 6)
« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2015, 12:17:23 AM »
Suggestion to make the level lists more readable: Instead of making separate lists for the levels that qualified, how about just bolding the ones that qualified from each round? That way it's easier to see which levels they beat out.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 12:38:16 AM »
Sounds like a good idea. I'll do that when I get home.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 04:58:34 PM »
Qualifying levels are:

Crazy 01 "Quote: "That`s a good level""
Wicked 02 "Inroducing SUPERLEMMING"
Wicked 08 "A TOWERING PROBLEM"
Wicked 11 "ROCKY ROAD"
Havoc 08 "Lemming about town"

Next set's up. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Oh No! More Lemmings! Level Voteoff (Current: Round 1, Section 7)
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »
Qualifying for the next round are:

Crazy 02 "Dolly Dimple"
Wild 13 "ONWARD AND UPWARD"
Wicked 17 "Down the tube"
Havoc 03 "It`s the price you have to pay"
Havoc 07 "Creature Discomforts"

Next round is up.
My Lemmings projects