Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122050 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2015, 03:28:12 PM »
Another gimmick combination that does not go very well together: Invincibility + Karoshi, due to that lemmings cannot die in any way, and falling down the abyss does not count as killed.

Should you make it so one of the gimmicks is ignored, much like you did with Vertical Wrap and Solid Floor?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 03:29:46 PM »
The invincibility "gimmick" is more meant for testing purposes than anything else, so no. Also, I can think of one way to make a level that's possible to beat with that combination...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 03:46:05 PM »
For any future you think there could a different kind of contest that can allow all sorts of levels to enter
for example
Pillar trophy - 1st place
Metal trophy - 2nd place
Bubble trophy - 3rd place
Special trophy - Best new special level
Painter trophy - Best level art
Doomsday trophy - Best doomsday lemmings level
Gimmick trophy - best level that uses a gimmick
Ozone friendly lemmings trophy - Most improved level from the last contest

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
This isn't really the place to ask about that as it's not specifically related to NeoLemmix (indeed, it's even possible there may be some contests where NeoLemmix levels aren't accepted; the rules vary from contest to contest); questions relating to contests should be on the contests board. But to answer your question, I don't plan to run official contests with more than two prizes at the moment - indeed, due to the low number of entries, I may even reduce it to prizes for first place only in the future (but we'll see). However, other users are more than welcome to run contests of their own (whether just-for-fun or involving prizes) on the contests board, so if you'd like to do one - and you're sure you have the patience to stick around and see it through - you could do so. I must say though, that sounds a bit overly complicated. The official contests stick to a single theme, rather than awarding various types of levels.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 04:17:16 PM »
I just didn't where else to say it but i would to see it happen with website and everything
i can tell you the other trophy ideas on another thread if you want

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2015, 04:56:01 PM »
In my opinion, it feels kind of a hassle to open up the (Neo)CustLemmix player then change the Test Mode Style (pre/postview screen, No Preview, etc.) in the configuration menu. Is it possible to make it so you can change Test Mode Style from the editor?

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »
Yes; in fact that's something I've been meaning to do but keep forgetting.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2015, 05:51:04 PM »
Unfortunately, I have found another glider glitch.

If a glider falls down in a 1-pixel area, the lemming bounces but refuses to glide down. Attached is a test level to illustrate this.

The pre-placed lemming is an Athlete (Climber+Glider).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 06:21:46 PM by DynaLem »

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2015, 07:48:25 PM »
Even with the Invincibility gimmick on, Lemmings can still die when they become stoners. Is this an intended behavior?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:15 PM »
Nope, I'll add that to the list. Thanks for finding all these. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Ben H

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2015, 07:43:42 AM »
I would love to see a unified player engine, that was able to run all NeoLemmix packs.
That way there wouldn't be 10+ different exe files for all of the players.

This would make it take up less space on my hard drive.
Also it would also make it easier for you because any changes to the engine would update all players, without each of them requiring a recompile (and re-download for the end user).

Perhaps you could make them selectable via a menu option (like super/lemmini does), or maybe have a really cool start screen (with little icons) which lets you select which pack you want to play?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2015, 11:12:05 AM »
That is something I could consider once it reaches an absolute-final state, which probably isn't too far away. :) Until then, one problem is that sometimes formats or other things change between players - most significantly between V1.14n->V1.15n and V1.28n->V1.29n, in both cases of which earlier version MAIN.DAT files wouldn't be compatible with newer ones. Of course, I'd have to think of (but this shouldn't be too hard) how to handle some stuff that's hardcoded for specific players - for example, one of the secret level's codes in Lemmings Plus III bonus pack has a hard-coded code, unlike all other codes that are algorithmically generated.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2015, 04:46:52 AM »
Another glitch:

If I have a pre-placed lemming at the very bottom of the screen, I get this error:

Access violation at address 008676D9 in module
'CustLemmixNeo.exe'. Read of address 04EB2330

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2015, 05:19:43 AM »
Preview screen, or only when you start the level? If it's the former, I think I know why this is happening.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2015, 05:21:07 AM »
It is the former.