Author Topic: Simple Sew-on Patches  (Read 4141 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Simple Sew-on Patches
« on: December 27, 2014, 10:38:01 PM »
I ran out of certain supplies necessary for my sewing in the run-up to Christmas, but really wanted to make something yesterday evening, so I put these together, as they only required some fabric and felt scraps and some permanent fabric glue. After waiting 24 hours for the glue to fully set, here are the results;

It's a set of sew-on patches, made using images that I had printed at the edges of another, currently unfinished, project specifically for this purpose. Most of them are glued onto pieces of ludicrously dense 3mm thick felt (for the uninitiated, most readily-available felt tends to be around 1mm thick), though the Spacelem one is attached to a piece of blue fleece, because I felt that the colour worked nicely for that one.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to use them for, though they're most likely to go onto bags for organising small bits and bobs. I suppose that they could just as easily be used as unusual gift tags or on greetings cards if I wanted to use them for that, though. Either way, it was a fun enough way to spend half an hour when I didn't have the supplies to make anything else. ;)