Author Topic: Private Messages  (Read 1877 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Private Messages
« on: December 23, 2014, 06:52:51 AM »
What could be recovered of old private messages has been. The recoverable ones were:

> Up to Thu, 09 Jan 2014 18:25:56 (UTC) was the most recent private message that was recoverable
> Only messages to those who have an account here could be recovered. However, this DOES include those who's accounts were imported from the old forum. (IE: Those who had an account and at least one post at the time of the backup.)
> "Threaded" features (that track which PMs are a reply to which other ones) are most likely broken. But the contents of the messages themself will be there.
> For received messages, they could only be imported if your username or email address (or both) was the same on here as it was at the time of the January backup on the old forum.
> For sent messages, as well as the above criteria, the recipient would probably need to meet the above criteria too.
> If you deleted a message more recently than the January backup, it would reappear as (obviously) it's deletion would not be logged in the backup I have. If you deleted it *before* the January backup though, it should stay deleted.

If you think any are missing, let me know. Ones more recent than this simply cannot with the tools we currently have available, sorry. You'll need to manually back them up; if you want them on the boards here, one option is to PM them to yourself.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:29:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Private Messages
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
IsaMedia PMs have also been imported (subject to the same rules as above, except for the time limit)... in theory. I don't have any myself from this time so I can't check if it worked 100%, so if anyone who does have some can let me know if they appeared fine, that'd be great. :)

Please also note: Sent PMs will not appear if the recipient's PMs couldn't be recovered for one of the above reasons, I think. I could be wrong on this though.

Also, IsaMedia PMs may be incorrectly marked as unread; their read/unread status didn't seem to be in the backup I had so I'm not sure what the exact result will be. This is a minor detail though, so it shouldn't matter.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)