Author Topic: Looking for a new maintainer of my Lemmings site  (Read 9411 times)

Kallex

Looking for a new maintainer of my Lemmings site
« on: January 20, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »
Hello everybody,

I'm the author of the Lemmings website at http://www.kallex.de/lemmings/. Since I haven't played Lemmings a lot lately and thus haven't been too serious about keeping the site up-to-date, I'm now looking for somebody else to maintain it.

So if you're an ambitious Lemmings fan and website author and would like to become the new maintainer of my site---or of parts of it---, please email me at kallex@kallex.de. Note that you'd have to upload it to your own webspace. I'd set a redirect to the new URL then.

You may do whatever you like with the content that I've written myself, i.e. add, delete and otherwise change stuff, change the layout, incorporate it into your own website if you already have one and so on. However, I'd like to ask you to keep intact the files that have been contributed by others since their authors might not be happy to see their work disappear mysteriously.

Thanks in advance,

Kallex

Andi

Re: Looking for a new maintainer of my Lemmings si
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2005, 07:08:24 PM »
Hi Kallex!

Nice to see you here. I have to say your website's very good. Or "was". When it was more coloured (I think about 4 years ago) I liked it more. Anyway you gave me the idea to make also a Lemmings-site. :D
I'd really like to host your site in the future, but I am really running out of webspace! The 2 MB left are needed to keep this forum working.
I hope someone else has enough webspace...
And... I should also update my site in the next time. (ARGH! 1 Year no updates...)

Aren't you German, too? If I remember right the mainpage of kallex.de was german. You posted some pics of yourself and your family there.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 07:58:32 AM »
I'll do it if no one else will. But I'd prefer not to.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

?QuErY?

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 09:07:25 PM »
I would if I could, but I'm as much use as a blow up darts board at html... :-(

Conway

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2005, 09:55:35 PM »
Hello QuErY! And welcome to the Lemmings forums. How does ya? B)

G3K

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2005, 10:13:02 PM »
Yeah, welcome aboard Query - did you draw your avatar yourself? If so... distinctly awesome stuffs. :D

Conway

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2005, 10:45:36 PM »

Andi

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2005, 02:02:02 PM »
Yeah. What are you talking about? :???:

G3K

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2005, 08:55:24 PM »

Conway

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2005, 09:17:56 PM »
That's weird! It didn't appear to me.

?QuErY?

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2005, 05:39:24 PM »
Hallo! :D

?QuErY?

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2005, 05:44:29 PM »
I didn't make the avatar myself. i nicked it from the lemmings for windows manual and colourised it!

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2005, 08:13:13 PM »
Hello! B)

Wow! It is huge! ;P
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

?QuErY?

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 04:13:12 PM »
Good news! I've brushed up my html a bit, so maybe I could have a go. If I do though don't hold your breath. I can do html, but I'm still an amature... For now, anyway...;)

Kallex

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2005, 07:45:08 PM »
Hello again,

Quote from: ?QuErY?  link=1106240979/0#13 date=1110643992
Good news! I've brushed up my html a bit, so maybe I could have a go. If I do though don't hold your breath. I can do html, but I'm still an amature... For now, anyway...;)

Thanks for your offer, but in the meantime, I've found somebody else to maintain the content of my site: Andrew, the author of the Lemmings Universe site, is going to include it on his.

By the way, Andi, you're right, the main page of www.kallex.de used to be written in German, but that's a long time ago!

Kallex

Andi

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2005, 08:20:40 PM »
Even if I can't upload it, could you send me please the whole site zipped? Just as an archive I could use if I need it.