Author Topic: Lemure - Anyone know this one?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Lemure - Anyone know this one?
« on: August 16, 2014, 08:22:40 PM »
So, for the longest time, I remembered hearing of a Lemmings-like game for Mac OS X, but I couldn't remember what it was called - I remembered it having either meerkats or lemurs in it, and being named after one of these species, but try as I might, I could never find it...

I was going to post here to see if anyone else could help me to figure it out, but in the end I did find it, and then had a good old laugh about why I couldn't remember its name. It turns out that I wasn't wrong about the involvement of both of the species named above - it was called Lemure (German for "Lemurs"), and in spite of its name, it featured meerkats.

It was developed by a company called Magnussoft, and published by RuneSoft in 2008. Whilst writing this up, I also discovered that there was a port to Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, and 7, which was published in 2011 by Software Pyramide.

I'm honestly just wondering if anyone here knows of it, and, if so, if it's actually any good. Either way, at least it's another one for the big list of Save 'em Ups! :D

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Lemure - Anyone know this one?
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 09:30:59 AM »
Never heard of Lemure; sounds a bit like manure to be honest. :XD:

Anyway, as Magnussoft is a German company, Maybe Simon or Nepster know about this, well, at least more than I do. :-\
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 01:14:59 PM »
Thanks Prob Lem

I never heard of that one before but once I typed it into google wow seems to be a popular little game, It reminds me a bit like lemmings chronicles because you can make the lemures jump. I'm in that moment in time where I just don't what game to play these days so maybe that might be the next game to try hoping there might be places where you can download the demo or if lucky the full game.

I like the graphics in the game nice looking, I f I get a chgance tonight maybe give this game a go.  :thumbsup:

Good find there Prob Lem

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2014, 06:56:35 PM »
Oops, I forgot all about this! :scared:

Never heard of Lemure; sounds a bit like manure to be honest. :XD:

Anyway, as Magnussoft is a German company, Maybe Simon or Nepster know about this, well, at least more than I do. :-\
Haha, manure. A bit harsh, no? :D

I must admit, until I found this, I'd never heard of Magnussoft...

Thanks Prob Lem

I never heard of that one before but once I typed it into google wow seems to be a popular little game, It reminds me a bit like lemmings chronicles because you can make the lemures jump. I'm in that moment in time where I just don't what game to play these days so maybe that might be the next game to try hoping there might be places where you can download the demo or if lucky the full game.

I like the graphics in the game nice looking, I f I get a chgance tonight maybe give this game a go.  :thumbsup:

Good find there Prob Lem
No problem! :thumbsup:

Yeah, it does seem to have gained itself a bit of a following. I think that speaks volumes about the absence of the real thing nowadays, personally!

I found some footage of it on YouTube that shows a few interesting things - the game appears to use skills from both Lemmings 1 and 2 (and it also includes the fan), and also features a splat-height meter which appears above the heads of the meerkat-lemurs as they fall to give you an idea of the safe fall-distance. Also, whilst it's not a reflection on the gameplay itself, sadly the animation looks a bit stiff and lifeless (I feel that it's worth noting, since the animation is one of the most endearing things about most of the Lemmings games).

I also found that there was a "2013 Edition", now discontinued, which was sold as a download title for a time. I have no idea what the differences are, as apart from one addition, the description (run through Google Translate) doesn't actually say. The one stated addition is a mode where you have unlimited skills.

If it's of any help, the Windows port seems to pop up on eBay from time to time (at the time of writing, there's only the Mac OS X original available, though), and is still available quite cheaply from some sellers on Amazon.de, too. Magnussoft has an official page for the game, here, but it seems to have survived some rearrangements of their main site, and the demo is no longer available there, unfortunately...

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2014, 07:32:52 PM »
The 2013 edition is still available for purchase on Amazon, but only to customers within the United States. Which rules out me being able to grab it that way.

http://www.amazon.com/magnussoft-Lemure-English-Download/dp/B00G2BQBTK

EDIT: Also seems that the Mac version is available on the Mac app store, and currently on sale too. I don't have a Mac either though, so that's not an option for me...

I did check everyone's favorite Bay (if you know what I mean, and I don't mean eBay), but it's not on there.

There's a few other sites of questionable reputation that also appear to be selling it, but I think I might not try buying it from those. :P

EDIT: Found one that doesn't appear to have region restrictions, and from what I can tell has a decent reputation.
http://www.desura.com/games/lemure-edition-2013
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)