Author Topic: Lix Promo teaser video  (Read 4513 times)

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
Lix Promo teaser video
« on: July 23, 2014, 11:46:59 PM »

Hi.  I've been working on the updated informational video for Lix over the past couple months. 
Here is part of the intro to that video which gives some people a quick idea about what Lix is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdrBQnguS-M

The full final Lix video will be out sometime in the following months.
Rubix

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Lix Promo teaser video
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 03:06:55 AM »
Wow, nicely done. If the full promo video is anything like this intro, this should bring quite a few new players to Lix.  :thumbsup:
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 03:34:55 AM »
Thanks.

Well the video i am working on is really just like the previous Lix video from 3 years ago.   Full of information.

How to play
Tactics
bla bla etc

Just will have a lot more detail than the other video did. 
Expect the same kind of thing.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 03:46:15 AM »
I like it. It's to-the-point, and doesn't bombard the viewer with too much information to quickly process. :thumbsup:

To echo what Insane Steve said, if the rest is like this, this will be a boon for Lix.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 04:00:49 AM »
Wow, it looks good! I like the music too, especially how it syncs up with the video.  The distortion of the windows is a little trippy, though; rather than just look like they're rotating and moving through space, they look like they're skewing a bit too.

Not sure if "Hotkey assignment" is a particularly engaging feature to show off, though. Maybe something more generic about the flexible interface... Also, don't forget to advertise that it's open source!

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 08:23:59 AM »
Thanks for the comments.

NaoH as for mentioning hotkey assigment as a defining feature:  Yes it seems a little low in comparison to other elements of Lix, but seeing as with lemmings you were always stuck with the F keys and no way to alter them, you may immediately think you will have to deal with the same bound keys that lemmings did and that must be hard , especially in a multiplayer game.

Just why I think it is definitely worth the mention.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 09:20:46 AM »
This all depends on whether you're marketing it to people who are really into lemmings, or people who aren't majorly into lemmings yet.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 08:24:42 PM »
Looks nice. 8) I do feel like the part where you start mentioning features was maybe visually too busy with the multiple flying windows showing all different sorts of levels, none of which directly correspond to the features you are showing in text.  I might prefer the more conventional "show one screen at a time highlighting specific features" sequence there, though I guess that'd be a little boring and not splashy enough?  Anyway, keep up the good work!

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 12:43:00 AM »
Thanks.

Yea, it really is as Simon said in IRC 'information overload'  which is exactly what I was trying to do.   
The real video im working on is going to explain everything in detail about Lix.  I'm far into its production already.

The background video is meant to give the video a nice look than trying to watch what is happening in the moving wall.
Teaser videos are like this, you have things happening quickly to showoff its looks and try build hype :)