Author Topic: Ginger Lixes  (Read 3632 times)

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
Ginger Lixes
« on: April 18, 2014, 02:39:16 AM »
So, I found out how to access a ninth lix colour. Interesting easter egg, Simon?

Edit the /data/users/yournamehere.txt file and swap out the line #NETWORK_LAST_STYLE X, where X is some value, for #NETWORK_LAST_STYLE 1, or else delete the line altogether.

This appears to be the default for when lix is first loaded, by the way.

Alternatively, since I've been playing around with Python, place this python script into your lix root directory, and run. Should be at the same folder depth as the /data/ and /levels/ and /images/ folders -- which is next to the executable, on windows.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Ginger Lixes
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 07:17:01 PM »
The styles are defined with an image file, lixrecol.I.png.

The first row matches the colors of the spritesheet, lix.I.png. These colors are chosen to be easily differentiable when working on the sprites.

The styles inside the game are each defined by one row in addition to the first. For each style, it is created by exchanging in the spritesheet each color of the first row by the color directly under it from the style's row. Bright pink (255, 0, 255) is transparent in C++ Lix. D Lix also supports alpha transparency.

1st row are the key colors from lix.I.png.
2nd row is the regular singleplayer color, Garden.
3rd row is the highlighting color for lix under the cursor.
4th row is the color for potential neutrals.
5th row is the first multiplayer color, Red.

C++ Lix runs with 16-bit colors (D Lix runs with 32-bit), but lixrecol.I.png has 24-bit colors. Thus, some similar colors might become equal inside the game, perhaps shirt and pants of some multiplayer styles.

-- Simon
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 05:37:15 PM by Simon »

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
Re: Ginger Lixes
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 07:49:02 PM »
Oh, so it's the colour scheme for neutral lixes. Interesting. RubiX and I successfully tested this out to play a 9p game.