Author Topic: Codes Won't Work  (Read 3875 times)

Hello2215

Codes Won't Work
« on: March 16, 2014, 10:32:49 AM »
Hi,

I had gotten to the Tricky level, "Tightrope City" on Lemmings and wrote down the code. So the code from the previous level to then start at "Tightrope City" but I had to restore my laptop to an older backup and lost that code. The older backup had the code for level 13 in Tricky. Not wanting to do the levels again I googled for the code for the level I was up to and every single one (about 10) have not worked for me.

Can someone please help me with a code or am I just going to have to do the levels again.

My version of Lemmings is the PC version called Lemmix (google Lemmix and it should be first link) and the code for the level 13 is UNUDIZIDEX

Thanks,
Hello2215

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Codes Won't Work
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2014, 11:24:49 AM »
There is a bug with certain versions of the original lemmings Lemmix player where level codes for level 21-30 don't work. Also, the version on the Lemmix page isn't the most up to date one - as Lemmix is open source, others here have improved it since.

Here's the most up-to-date versions of the Original and OhNo players. I also added in a little something extra that I just put together, that I feel is long overdue...
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rurzngd7294fc87/Lemmix.zip
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2014, 01:01:27 PM »
Actually I think the problem is that Lemmix do not use the same codes as the official Lemmings games, so using the codes you find on the Internet (which probably are for the official games) likely won't work.

There is a cheat mode you can use instead, it will also save you from having to keep track of codes in future levels.  From Eric's website:

• Cheatcodes are possible. Enter "cheatcodes" as levelcode and you will be able too load any level by entering the sectionname and the number for example: "tricky21".

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2014, 08:29:02 PM »
^ Can't believe I didn't think of that. You're right. Although depending on what version he had, the code still wouldn't've worked anyway. =P

To be specific on this: The cheat codes as described by ccexplore will work on *all* versions of Lemmix, no problems. It's the normal level codes that, in some versions of the Original Lemmings lemmix player, the codes for levels 21-30 (in all ranks) don't work while the lower levels do; even if you have the correct Lemmix code (rather than a DOS code, which never has worked in Lemmix). This only affects Original; it does not affect any version of OhNo or H93 Lemmix players.

If you're using ccexplore's versions of Lemmix (the ones I linked before are ccexplore's versions with further modifications by myself (fixed the levelcode bug in Orig, and upgraded the H93 player to a H94 player), you can also press 5 during gameplay to skip a level. Contrary to the original games where you had to use the 5 on the numpad, in Lemmix you must use the normal number 5 (not the numpad). You also don't need to enter the cheat code first to enable this in any Lemmix player that supports it (except LPII and LPII Bonus).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Hello2215

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2014, 09:03:08 PM »
Actually I think the problem is that Lemmix do not use the same codes as the official Lemmings games, so using the codes you find on the Internet (which probably are for the official games) likely won't work.

There is a cheat mode you can use instead, it will also save you from having to keep track of codes in future levels.  From Eric's website:

• Cheatcodes are possible. Enter "cheatcodes" as levelcode and you will be able too load any level by entering the sectionname and the number for example: "tricky21".

Cheers, worked perfectly :D