Author Topic: What's the right name for large packs that mimic the original games, anyway?  (Read 2314 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
You know, packs with huge amounts of levels, multiple rankings, etc. Things like Lemmings Plus, Revenge of the Lemmings, PimoLems, etc. Do we actually have a special name for them other than just "large pack"? Should we be considering them fangames rather than level packs?

(Just me thinking too much about stuff that doesn't matter... xD)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Probably fangames, like all of those flash games that are based on real ones.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
I like fangames as they are much larger than your standard level pack levels which is usually 10 levels. 

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
If you ask me, "expansions", or something in that vein - the same as would be used to refer to official stuff, like Oh No! More Lemmings - would probably be perfectly valid in instances like this.

If this were Ye Olde Dayes, I'd say that "data disk" (as was used to promote Oh No! More Lemmings, and also the never-released add-on packs for The Lemmings Chronicles) would be valid, too, but we're not using floppy disks anymore, so that term really doesn't work. ;)