Author Topic: Getting (re)started  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Eymerich

• View Profile
Getting (re)started
« on: June 09, 2013, 12:23:29 AM »
hello people ^^
I'm trying to fire up lemmix again and check out my old levels as Mobius asked me some info, but I can't seem to be able to get the program to work. It doesn't find the graphic files even if they are in the same folder as Lemmix. I remember I found a tutorial somewhere but if anyone here has a quick response I'd be glad  :D

thanks in advance

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Re: Getting (re)started
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 02:29:17 AM »
Edit the .ini file and set the paths.

Detailed instructions: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=804.msg16839
An older answer: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=655.msg14353#msg14353

If things are still unclear, search the board or ask again.

L1 and ONML styles are simply the files that come with the games.

Custlemm styles 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 are L1 styles without renaming, 5, 6, 7, 8 are ONML styles renamed by increasing the number by 5. (ONML brick is VGAGR0, GROUND0O, for Custlemm this becomes VGAGR5, GROUND5O.

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 08:33:32 PM »
in the LemmingStyles.ini  you have to write in exactly what the file paths are to each folder (containing each set of styles).
All your style folders should be in the folder called gamedata.

it's really annoying. I edited mine and got it working a while ago but I still don't understand how it works. If you'd like, I can send you my edited ini file. It's working for Custlem and Lemmini but not WinLems (nobody uses that). Just keep in mind, if you use mine you have to put your entire Lemmix folder under C:/ so it's right next to stuff like your programs. I recommend this anyway because it makes it easier to edit the ini file.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 06:35:12 PM »
Help for this kind of stuff almost should be in a sticky topic in Help board, for example. It seems that many newcomers (and even some more experienced users as well!) often ask about this stuff (playing custom levels/setting up Lemmix/etc.), and the answers can be found in the forums, but they're spread out everywhere in little pieces. Of course it's nice that every time when somebody asks about these issues, we won't get too tired to help them and possibly answer for the same questions again and again. :)

Btw, welcome to the forums, Eymerich! It's nice to see you here, and it's great if you're interested in Lemmings again! :thumbsup:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 03:23:29 AM »
Yeah, I wanted to make a sticky at some point and even discussed it with Clam, but didn't get around to do it that night and kinda forgot about it.
I'll try to remember how to setup Lemmix (last time I tried it was surprisingly easy, easier than I remembered from the first time) and write something up. I have no clue anymore how setting up Lemmini worked though.
I guess I'll start with a placeholder topic and fill in the gaps later.