Author Topic: Amusing fan-made videos  (Read 3863 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Amusing fan-made videos
« on: April 16, 2013, 01:13:33 AM »
This thread is for fun fan-made Lemmings-related videos that you've found, or made yourself.

I've been meaning to start a thread like this for a while, ever since I got around to watching Eric W. Schwartz's classic, "The Anti-Lemmin' Demo", but with just one video in mind, it didn't seem worth it to post here. However, I've since happened across an amusing series of animations by someone else, and I feel that all of these together can kickstart this thread nicely.

Firstly, here's the aforementioned animation, The Anti-Lemmin' Demo. This is a proper short cartoon, and was made on an Amiga back in the day by Eric W. Schwartz (an animator from the Amiga-scene, who has also made some fun tributes to the system, as well). ADFs of both disks for use in Amiga emulators, or for writing to a floppy disk and viewing on a real Amiga, are attached to this post. (As an aside, there apparently exists a follow-up to this, which I gather was not made by Eric W. Schwartz, but I haven't been able to get hold of it.)

Secondly, here is a series of animations by a fellow called Dan May, which are focussed on putting lemmings through all manner of cruel and often-times funny trials, much in the style of the grisly traps from the games themselves. According to the descriptions attached to them, most of them were made on a real Amiga in the early 1990s, and he then produced two follow-ups in 2007 and 2010 on an emulated Amiga which had much more memory than his real one had. The links to all six of these animations are below;

Instruments of Torture (1990s)
Lemming Massacre (1990s)
Lemming Escape (1990s)
Lemming Massacre II (1990s)
Lemming Torture (2007)
Lemming Torture 2010 (2010)

I hope everyone finds these to be as fun (and funny) as I have. Please contribute more if you know of any!

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
Re: Amusing fan-made videos
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 07:36:03 PM »
I decided to gather some videos from other topics to this same place:

Dancing Lemmings - Clam Spammer linked this here
Lemming Demon - Mr. K linked this here
Lemmings: The Movie - finlay linked this here
Real Life Lemmings - DragonsLover linked this here

Some other videos I've encountered:

No seas un lemming, busca tu destino - a similar video to the previous real life Lemmings
LEGO Lemmings - LEGOtronic - this one I like particularly
Lemmings VS Worms - The 8Bit Rap Battles
Lemmings - a stop-motion animation film by jasminus82
lemmings - a stop-motion clay Lemmings video by roekoeprod
Lemmings - an animation film by h4nkthet4nk
Dur dur d'etre un Lemming ! - a short Lemmings animation movie by CyrilCrassin
Amiga Anim : Anti-Lemmings / Eric Schwartz (1991)
Lemmings Gets Screwed Up! (Sprite Movie)

Offline Ryemanni

• Indeed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 01:27:25 PM »
I used to watch those torture videos really much. I like them alot.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 09:25:00 PM »
a lemmings themed epdisode of robot chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orC5oqByhnQ
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain