Author Topic: Window order problem on Cheapo  (Read 7387 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Window order problem on Cheapo
« on: December 04, 2004, 12:37:49 PM »
I've just done a Cheapo level with four windows, so naturally I edited them and set the "window order" parameter in the order I wanted them, 1, 2, 3, 4. But when I play the level, the lemmings come out of the windows in the order 1, 3, 2, 4! This isn't the already known replay bug -- this was the first time I played the level, not using the replay.

I tried setting the windows to the order 1, 3, 2, 4 to see if this would make them come out in the desired order -- but they still came out in that order. I then tried resetting it to my desired order -- still no difference.

In desperation, I deleted all four windows and replaced them. The window order paramaters showed the desired values, but the order the lemmings came out was now 1, 4, 3, 2!!!

What might be causing this? And what can I do?

Offline Essman

• View Profile
    • Ferret Face Games
Re: Window order problem on Cheapo
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2004, 07:25:56 PM »
Quote from: Ahribar  link=1102163869/0#0 date=1102163869
I've just done a Cheapo level with four windows, so naturally I edited them and set the "window order" parameter in the order I wanted them, 1, 2, 3, 4. But when I play the level, the lemmings come out of the windows in the order 1, 3, 2, 4!

I suggest that you move the windows around once you find out the order that they lemmings fall out of them.
I looked at the code for the window ordering and it looks like it should work fine, it's very short and simple. But obviously it doesn't work fine. Oh well.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 10:06:38 PM »
Never mind -- moving them worked, so the level now works, and that's the main thing!  :) Thanks.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005, 12:40:37 AM »
As far as I'm aware, if you number the first one 1, and then the rest descending from the maximum, they'll come out in the order you want.

Say you have window 1, 2, 3, 4 positioned in a row like that, and you want them to come out from left to right.

You'd number the windows:
1, 4, 3, 2
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)