Off-Topic Boards > General Discussion

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS

(1/7) > >>

Timballisto:
After the extremely dissapointing discovery that you must become a Runescape "member" to access the western half of the world, I came to hate the game in about 4 seconds.

I resolved to make my own game, that was free and didn't use a stupid random battle system, and had no "Members".

However, it will probably take about 4 - 12 years to do alone unless someone helps me.

I would like to assemble a team to construct a new game, along the ideas of a medieval interactive RPG.

If you have any computer skill, it could be helpful. &#A0;Actually, non-computer skill could help too. &#A0;Graphics makers could draw up maps, terrain, characters, etc. &#A0;Storywriters could write a huge bundle of intertwined plot lines with several exciting twists and turns. &#A0;People with a lot of creativity could suggest options for the game, for example, one idea I've thought of is the ability to start empires, or leave one you started (and if you do so without leaving an heir, then cause a civil war...heheheh   > : )   &#A0;). &#A0;People with programming skills could help to program the game, and that's one heck of a job. &#A0;Someone with web knowledge could help organize a sight or server to hold the game at. &#A0;people with talent in music composition could compose the songs for the game.

Almost anything can help.

Please post if you think you have a useful ability and you're willing to help.

PS: &#A0;It would be GREAT if I could get some people with 3D graphics knowledge &#A0;:D

Andi:
What engine would you like to use? And what server? It sounds really interesting.

Do you know the anime ".//hack"? It's about a game "The World" which is very cool. You should have a look at it.

BTW, what game did you hate in 4 seconds?

Timballisto:
Runescape is the game I hated.

Oh, and I have a server I could use, only the problem is is the fact that the server's primary use is for my mom's business.

The engine can be anything.  2D, 3D, built from scratch, pretty much anything.

Lemika:
Runescape, I presume.

It sounds like an interesting idea, certainly.  :D
I suppose I might be able to do some graphics stuff, but not much else. I'm not very good at programming. And I wouldn't even bet on doing decent graphics, but... I could try to help. :P

G3K:
I can do some decent drawing and animation in Flash, and I'm learning Visual Basic at school - okay, it's not exactly C++, but it's always a start.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version