Author Topic: Level design contest #1!  (Read 40057 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Level design contest!
« Reply #135 on: March 12, 2013, 02:32:16 AM »
Pooty just found a brilliant solution to mine that I'm tempted to enforce ...oh right, damn, that part of the contest is over.  :XD:  Well I might just alter it in my level pack. Good job Pooty  :thumbsup:

while my contest idea was partly serious I think there are better ideas that I could come up with. Like..... one or two skill level, few # of lemming, use every piece of terrain in the set, use only a few pieces of terrain in the set, level with no steel...

I agree with ccexplore I don't think I'd like a contest where everyone's level is the same terrain.

P.S. Snow is your favorite isn't it Clam? :)
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 12, 2013, 04:24:57 AM »
I kind of like the idea of "each author makes a level with their personal least favorite terrain." -- Will require some honesty from the participants but I can't see this being a problem on these boards plus me + Rock tileset = lol  :'(
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 12, 2013, 11:10:47 PM »
what would be interesting  :D

it wouldn't be a real challenge for those like me who like all the tilesets however. I think I said a while back rock was my least favorite but I think that's changed. Honestly I like them all and I'd have a hard time picking my least favorite.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 13, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »
The results are out! Check this topic: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=738.0

The password of the archive with my solutions and votes from above: t9u*iebr6AsL+_r0

Offline lyygak

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 13, 2013, 03:31:16 AM »
For what it's worth, my 71 saved on geoo's level.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 13, 2013, 04:23:08 AM »
Wow, that's pretty close. I guess it took quite a bit of effort tweaking it that far. (I like how the Chameleon eats the digger at the end. :P)
I might move the branch a bit further up, so it becomes a bit more clear that this is route is not going to work.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 13, 2013, 08:44:06 PM »
Impressive. :thumbsup: I tried that route briefly when I was solving the level but failed miserably with it (which I suppose is a good thing for finding the intended solution).  It seems like most if not all other variations of that route end up with significantly higher death toll due to eg. more lemmings splatting from the fall off the build bridge, and of course the lizard trap is doing its job to discourage that route as well.