Author Topic: Can't use Lemmix level editor  (Read 2773 times)

Offline LemLady

• View Profile
Can't use Lemmix level editor
« on: July 27, 2012, 05:04:47 PM »
Hello.  :)

I just downloaded Lemmix and Lemmix level editor.  The Lemmix player seems to work fine.  But when I go to try to create a level?  The editor...not so much.  :P

When I go to file/new/level, I receive a window pop up titled New level.  Other than the title, it's...blank.  Just white.  Other than cancel and OK buttons at the bottom.  When I hit OK, I get an error message that reads:

Access violation at address 0057748B in module 'Lemmix.exe'.  Read of address 00000010

For what it's worth, I'm using Windows XP. 

Any idears as to what might be going on?  ???

Thanks.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Can't use Lemmix level editor
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
You probably have Lemmix in the wrong folder. It needs to be in your Local Disk (C:). Instruction are in this topic for more info: http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=414.0
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline LemLady

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 06:31:46 PM »
Ah, okay, thanks.  :)

What happened was it extracted right into the C drive, but I went and moved it to the desktop, instead of creating a shortcut for the desktop.  Now I re-extracted, created shortcut, and seem to be getting an actual list of stuff when I go to file/new/level.  I'm guessing that means I'm getting somewhere. 

Thanks.  :)

Offline LemLady

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 06:41:06 PM »
Okay, so I'm not really getting anywhere.  When I select from the list that comes up when I go to file/new/level, and hit OK, I get an error saying that the system cannot find the path specified. 

Could it be even a shortcut on the desktop is throwing a monkey wrench into the works?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2012, 06:56:38 PM »
this thread might help?
http://www.lemmingsforums.com/index.php?topic=590.msg12559#new

Did you download the version from in the thread Luis posted? In that thread ccexplore has a link to the version which includes needed files to get it to work properly. If it doesn't contain these files it won't work at all.

btw, the shortcut doesn't hurt anything. I have a shortcut on my desktop and it works fine. As long as the location of the program files (exe and stuff) is in C/ that's fine.
I just might make a help tutorial on how to use Lemmix because it is difficult and there's not much documentation for it.

----ALSO important note-----
In Lemmix there are 3 options windows that you can move around the screen. (F10, F11 and F12 pressing these bring up options like entering how many lemmings are in your level). You can move these windows to the bottom panel. They will 'snap-to' the panel, however: DO NOT reposition the lengths of the bottom panel sections themselves. Doing so will stop most of the hotkeys from working (like Delete). This caused me undo headache for three months until I figured out what was going on. why this happens apparently nobody has any idea.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain