Author Topic: Behold: The Endgame  (Read 2536 times)

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
Behold: The Endgame
« on: April 26, 2012, 05:02:28 AM »
So there I was, solving puzzles in Lemmings Revolution. I got all the way to the rightmost column, which are these big, long, hard levels that put the icing on the Lemmingsing cake. Just take a look at how daunting these levels can be:

Level: 12-7
The Long and Winding Road
20 Lemmings : Save 5
Time: 5:00
Skills: 10 of everything

(Don't mind the one going to explode there in a few seconds. I'll be using this as a promo shot for the Full Color hack)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
Re: Behold: The Endgame
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM »
The rightmost column definitely has some tough levels, but that is not one of them!  :P

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 12:22:10 AM »
I just got done with 11-9: Goonies. I gotta say, even though it wasn't in the rightmost column, it was arguably more difficult than 12-7!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 12:36:32 AM »
I recently figured out how to solve that^ one with 100% the long way around. Idk which one LemSteven considered in the list but personally I like that way better.

[have a the last lemming going to the balloon, dig a whole for himself and the worker to climb up.]

Personally I think the designers left that back route in on purpose. I mean, come on, all they would've had to do is make the steel go up to the ceiling but they left a large space instead.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 06:50:22 PM »
I have a suspicion that this might  not have been the intended solution.

And just for you, molasses, 100%. O-:<

Level 8-8: Take Her to Warp Speed, Captain
25 Lemmings : Save 12
Skills: 10 of everything

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 05:59:15 AM »
There, my quest to unlock all of the levels is now complete. The only blemish on my beautiful tapestry of unlocking is 9-6 (The high dive), which I completed in testing while figuring out what was wrong with it.

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:42 PM »
Woo hoo!

Wait, what?

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2012, 08:49:45 PM »
....apparently you get the game complete video for only completing all the 12 tier levels? and not the whole game  ??? I wonder if this is intended or a glitch?

I'll have to test it out. (I've never done it before but I can now)  :thumbsup:
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2012, 04:03:12 AM »
....apparently you get the game complete video for only completing all the 12 tier levels? and not the whole game  ??? I wonder if this is intended or a glitch?

I can confirm that this is the case because I've also completed all of the levels on the 12th column and gotten that screen, despite not having cleared all of the prior levels.  As for whether it is intended or a glitch, I'd lean toward it being intentional.  The game manual implies that the last column is the final goal, and that the earlier levels provide a choice of routes to get there.