Author Topic: Lemmings Touch is finally out tomorrow!!  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
Lemmings Touch is finally out tomorrow!!
« on: May 27, 2014, 10:51:29 PM »
From here;

Lemmings Touch launches on PS Vita tomorrow! You’ll be able to download it for €9.99/£7.99 after PlayStation Store updates tomorrow afternoon. Lemmings Touch is the first Lemmings game that we have designed specifically for PS Vita, marking a new chapter in the history of this famous franchise. Whether you are new to the Lemmings chaos or have played the previous games, Lemmings Touch is the perfect way to test your puzzle solving skills.

Help guide as many Lemmings as you can while avoiding the obstacles and perils abound through 100 fiendishly puzzling, highly detailed themes tasking you to save the critters in sugary sweet Candy Land, Space, Ancient Egypt, Crystal Caves, and in the depths of Fiery Hell.

New puzzles and hazards have been devised to test your limits, and as the name suggests, the intuitive new touch and swipe controls put the fate of the loveable Lemmings literally at your fingertips. YIPPEE!

There are lots of new ways to play, including new skills to help the Lemmings make their way to the end of each stage. You’ll clear the way by moving platforms, pressing switches, aiming cannons and trampolines, and more.

In addition to completing levels and earning Trophies, there are objective-based challenges throughout the game. Completing these will unlock lots of crazy costumes for your Lemmings.

Beware a new type of Lemming — not all Lemmings play nice! Mischievous Lemmings aren’t to be saved; if they reach the level exit, then it’s game over. You must decide how to get rid of these devious Lemmings while saving the good ones. Good luck!

There's a handful of new pics at the source link, above (one of which seems to show that one of the previously-confirmed returning levels is one of the formerly exclusive ones from the PSP version), and some official replies to some of the comments on that story have revealed that if you tap the wrong lemming to pop up the radial skills menu from, you can use the d-pad to refine and move to the correct one.

Let's just see if they're serious about this marking a new chapter or not, though... ;)

NieSch

Re: Lemmings Touch is finally out tomorrow!!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »
Great news!

:lem4ever:

Offline Tiduas

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel with a focus on Retro and Indie titles.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 09:45:03 AM »
This is amazing news! I've updated my PS Vita to the latest Firmware and are ready to download it the second it arrives on the EU-shop.

Btw, in Prob Lem's post there's a link to the official announcement on Playstation's homepage. Be sure to click the Youtube link and like it so that we can show Sony that we are a lot that want more Lemmings titles.  :)
YouTube channel about video game music, retro and indie games.
https://www.youtube.com/@Teedyan

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 11:24:36 AM »
Nice to see new stuff coming out! Unfortunately, I'm in the 99.9% of people who don't own a Vita... hopefully they bring this to Android, or if it can be adapted to work without needing a touchscreen, PC or PS3...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 11:40:19 AM »
It's built around the Vita's controls, not just the touch-screen, so they probably won't be able to port it so easily, I'd imagine... :(

As far as liking the YouTube video goes, I'm honestly not too sure it'd make much difference to Sony's handling of the series, unfortunately. This game being both digital-only (when the reality still currently is that the majority of presence is at retail - when's the last time you saw a "big name" game go digital-only?), and on a system with barely any install-base, probably won't help matters, either. Still, I remain hopeful that they really have committed to doing something more with the series now than just license-squatting. ;P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 12:35:21 PM »
Maybe it's because they realise the fans make better levels than the devs could ever hope to. Lemmings Touch just can't compete with PimoLems, Revenge of the Lemmings and Lemmings Plus II. :P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
The store update hasn't yet completed, so no-one's actually played it yet, mind you... ;)

EDIT: It's completed now, though. Currently downloading. :thumbsup:

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 09:40:24 PM »
Can you list all the original and PSP levels that it has? That's after you unlocked them of course.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 11:29:09 PM »
So far, too many, unfortunately. I'm just writing up a thread containing my first impressions now. :P