Author Topic: ClamLix  (Read 90853 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: ClamLix
« Reply #135 on: October 31, 2017, 01:19:36 AM »
sorry I lost my replay for Square Squabble; but Simon should have the one I sent him. It should still work even after the fix. If not I can make a new one.

Are there any Arcane or Insane levels that yet do not have a solution/replay?

What happened to "From the Brink"? I don't see it anywhere not even in outtakes? [I don't think it would work anyway so would have to be removed]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 01:24:50 AM by mobius »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 31, 2017, 01:30:32 AM »
Apart from the Arcane level "Death Slide" that seems to be unsolvable I don't think so. But always feel free to make replays if you feel like it. Maybe they are cleaner or the existing ones could have backroutes.
I wanted to redo the Insane level "Switchback Mountain" in the Nepster way. His replay unfortunately desynchs soon but I could see what he does different and it seems less finicky. Something like the more finicky Arcane levels like "Builder Without Borders", "Flower Towers", "Compression Method Infinity" etc. could be probably done better.
The best thing would be of course if you could take on the missing levels "Fling Me" (Flingsane) and "Chaos Theory" (Outtakes).

I thought to have read somewhere that "From the Brink" was cut due to the changes but I don't remember where.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 31, 2017, 06:58:48 PM »
I have attached an attempted fix with a solving replay to "Just drop in" in case it relied on variable SI.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(Sorry for the clumsy naming.)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 31, 2017, 10:24:42 PM »
Switchback Mountain is a remake of the Lemmix level Switchback Symmetry and that level and a intended replay of it should exist somewhere. I think it comes from the second new level contest on the old forum*. The contest where the rules were "all crystal level, no builders" I'll be looking into it.

*last forum before this one, where Adam was admin.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 31, 2017, 10:49:29 PM »
Thanks.
Yeah, quite some levels of the Insane difficulty seem to be remakes of older levels by Clam.
The following levels seem to be remakes as well:

Dig This!
FALL AND DIE
Hello, Goodbye
Leaky Building Syndrome

If you have the solutions maybe you could look into my replays if they hit the intended route.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 11:11:33 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #140 on: November 01, 2017, 08:51:05 AM »
Attached is ClamLix 2017-10-31. All levels are playable: None miss tiles, but some may still be unsolvable.

ClamLix 2017-10-31 includes the gathered levels and replays from this thread, thanks to Forestidia for bundling and for most of the replays. For the 4 levels relying on angled bridges, (3x Abridged and Korean Border Crossing), I've chosen your second versions. I've removed Fill the Floor and Interval Training.

Replays are in the proof collection.

These 7 levels have no proof:
clam/Arcane/death-slide.txt
clam/Flingsane/fling-me.txt
clam/Outtakes/abridged-inversion.txt
clam/Outtakes/abridged-version-v1.txt
clam/Outtakes/abridged-version-v2.txt
clam/Outtakes/chaos-theory.txt
clam/Outtakes/korean-border-crossing.txt

-- Simon

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #141 on: November 01, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »
Solvable Death Slide, with replay. Clam told me last year that this solution is intended.

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 01, 2017, 12:45:52 PM »
It's nice to see that ClamLix has gotten so far. From my side thanks to all who helped.

mobius has provided a fix (to my backroute) to Square Squabble in reply #126. I haven't put that in my RedoneLevels.zip since for levels it is not as clear as with replays who made what. Sorry, if that led to confusion.
This new version would be in need of a proving replay.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 12:57:13 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 01, 2017, 02:49:54 PM »
I have attached a solution to the new "Abridged Version (v2)". I don't know what to make of it.

I have noticed that TameLix seems to be included in the new package. I haven't dealt with it at all. There are actually two levels (the last 2) that relied on the old oriental tileset and still show missing terrain therefore.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #144 on: November 01, 2017, 03:42:40 PM »
Hah, I didn't notice TameLix. Good catch. The replay checker doesn't complain when entire directories are untouched, by design.

Will include mobius's Square Squabble from reply #126. I have mobius's replay recorded on 2017-10-19, that solves mobius's Square Squabble from reply #126.

Will include your replay for Abridged Version v2. If you don't like it yourself, feel free to change the terrain as you wish or cut the level entirely. After all, this level is in Outtakes/ and its terrain broke heavily due to the Oriental set.

From the Brink, we removed it because it's not possible in D Lix.
Reason, spoiler (click to show/hide)

-- Simon

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 01, 2017, 04:01:19 PM »
My replay of "Square Squabble" should fail in mobius fix, so that could be maybe then removed.

Tried to solve "Abridged Version (v2)" in the original tileset, it was similiar as in the new version but
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't have a clear opinion about that myself.

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: November 01, 2017, 06:28:53 PM »
Since nobody else wanted to do that and with hint of geoo's broken replay I have a solving replay for "Fling me".
But man, it's very convoluted and tight.

Edit: Attached another but cleaner and less tight replay to "Fling me"; should be closer to geoo's solution as well.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:59:58 AM by Forestidia86 »

Offline Forestidia86

• inactive
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 01, 2017, 10:18:02 PM »
I have slightly changed "Abridged Version (v1)" just to harmonize the metal bars with the original and have attached a solving replay.
I have attached as well a solving replay to "Abridged Inversion", which is a bit convoluted but I think it's in the spirit of the level and even somehow fun if you do it one time.

The remaining two levels missing a replay are:

Chaos theory (Could this be a level that requires exiting after nuking?)
Korean Border Crossing (I haven't really tried that level but the skills seem to be very tightly tailored to the original version. It's not excluded that it works though.)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 10:27:56 PM by Forestidia86 »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 02, 2017, 08:48:25 AM »
I just saw Clam listed in "Users active in past 15 minutes" just now.  So apparently either he still visits from time to time or someone manages to finally get him to swing by.   So if there are any lingering questions here about his levels maybe he can provide his opinions and advice.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 02, 2017, 09:13:14 AM »
Let's just say it's rather difficult to reply to PMs without logging in :XD:

(cue wild speculation)