Author Topic: Lemmings 2 Tribes not loading on Win7  (Read 2445 times)

Offline Ailuros

• View Profile
Lemmings 2 Tribes not loading on Win7
« on: March 06, 2011, 02:11:15 AM »
Hi, Lemmings 2 wont load. I have followed the instructions from the 'I can't play Lemmings 2" post with DosBox and after I type the "l2-fix.com" the loading message of "Lemmings 100% Cracked..." comes up with the free memory lists, but it doesn't go further than that.

I run windows 7, but I can see from the dosbox website that it should still be compatible. I also downloaded the patched version of lemm2 from abandonia.com.

Has anyone else managed to play on win7?

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings 2 Tribes not loading on Win7
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 03:04:47 AM »
After the "Lemmings 100% Cracked..." message comes up, you need to press Enter. IIRC it doesn't say you need to do this - it had me stumped for a moment too :(

Offline Ailuros

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:07:36 AM »
Yes, Enter was the first thing I pressed when nothing happened. I also tried pressing Enter repeatedly and still nothing.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 08:04:25 AM »
It works fine for me on DOSBox 0.73 on Win7.  Unfortunately I haven't heard of anyone else having a problem like this here before with l2-fix, so the suggestions below are mostly stabs in the dark.

Did you by chance modify anything in the DOSBox configuration file (eg. to make it work on some particular game)?  If you did perhaps the settings don't work for Lemmings 2.  You can revert back to the defaults by using "reset configuration" under the Start Menu entry for DOSBox.

You can also try running "install.exe" in DOSBox to change settings for the game like what to use for sound and music.  I've actually tried many of the settings and so far all of them work for me, so it probably won't fix your problem, but give it a try.

You can also try switching between running DOSBox fullscreen vs windowed.