Author Topic: Downtime - 22nd/23rd December  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Downtime - 22nd/23rd December
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:04:07 PM »
Our servers are going to be changing very soon, so we're going to be experiencing a bit of downtime. For users in Europe, this should mean slightly faster speeds without compromising speeds for users from other parts of the world. Apologies in advance for any disruption this causes, and we're guaranteed as close to 100% uptime as possible after the move.

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Downtime - 22nd/23rd December
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 05:38:59 PM »
I came back to see a load of replies here, expecting there to be a big hoo-ha about the server move to see the Lemmings 12 Days of Christmas. I like it.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 07:34:39 AM »
I came back to see a load of replies here, expecting there to be a big hoo-ha about the server move to see the Lemmings 12 Days of Christmas. I like it.

Frankly I haven't seen any downtime at all during the dates you've given. ??? So is the server move completed or what? ???

And when I think of "7" and Lemmings, I think the level "poles apart" (or the earlier "we are at lemcon 1").

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 09:09:45 AM »
According to the web hosts, there have been a few delays, so I'm not too sure when it'll happen. It should be within the next day or so, but with Christmas being tomorrow, I can't guarantee a time! The downtime will be minimal, though, and you shouldn't experience too much disruption!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 07:31:57 AM »
and we're guaranteed as close to 100% uptime as possible after the move.

Hmm...I think there was at least 6-7 hours of downtime just now.  If that's what near-100% uptime feels like, I'm not sure it feels that much different from before. :P :-\

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 08:15:17 AM »
There was. I was on the phone to technical support most of the night to try and get it fixed. We had a series of hardware failures which resulted in the downtime - after replacing the power supply and the chassis, we're back up and running.

That does mean that it's a smooth ride from now on, but I can't guarantee that!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »
Oh okay, yeah hardware failure sucks, but they don't happen often, so I guess this is just an unlucky incident. :)

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 08:45:23 PM »
Very unlucky incident this time! Still, it's all fixed, and I'm not anticipating any further disruption!