Author Topic: Lemmings 3D speed problem  (Read 8284 times)

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
Lemmings 3D speed problem
« on: October 26, 2004, 03:15:38 AM »
I finally get Lemmings 3D. The game works well but there's only one thing bad:

The game is so fast! Well... I mean, the sounds are so quick and the animations are fast too. Example: When I select (in practice mode) "Turner", I hear "Teerneer" very quickly. You know what I mean?

Luckely, for the game, the speed is ok!

How can I resolve this?
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Andi

Re: Lemmings 3D speed problem
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 05:20:48 AM »
The Lemmings speak very fast, yeah. And for the speed of the animations: Use a slower machine. With 120 MHz it works good for me. :D Or use a slowdown.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 02:42:55 PM »
It isn't normal that the Lemmings are speaking so fast. I remember playing the demo on my old computer and the lemmings spoke normally. Also, I don't have a slower computer.

Who knows a slow down program?

Andi

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 03:31:50 PM »
I have no clue what it is or how it works. I can only remember I uploaded it once. Just try it.

>Here<

Btw, I uploaded a lot of stuff on my file server. You can reach it at http://files.lemmingswelt.de/

Just try it next time there. I'm wondering if it's possible to make somnething like an lemmings-ftp-server. This would make it easier to share files, pictures and that stuff.

//edit: OMG! I just found some ancient stuff on it. I didn't even know I made it so much time has gone.

Burn-iT

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »
If youre running windows xp you should try the compatibilety mode. Sometimes it helps solve strange problems like yours.

And Andi if you have a fast internet connection you could try to run a free ftp-server from your computer, you could give people upload privelidges and stuf. I tryde running an ftp server ones, and it works very wel but my connection is to slow to support fast up and downloading.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2004, 07:08:04 PM »
I don't have Windows Xp, I have Windows 98 SE.

Also, for your files, that's cool! B)

Mad_Max

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 03:08:35 AM »
Are you running the game under DosBox?

If so, chances are that your problem might be caused by your emulation of a Sound Blaster 16 soundcard. Under certain configurations, it can screw up the sound effects by playing them too fast. Switching the Sound Blaster emulation settings to a plain Sound Blaster card solved the problem for me.

If you're running the game under Windows without resorting to DosBox, you might to check your soundcard's settings (IO, IRQ, DMA and High DMA) and tweak with them a bit. I'm not aware of the configurations that run Lemmings 3D properly and not properly, but with some tweaking and luck, you should be able to find it.

Andi

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 02:35:14 PM »
I thought of a ftp on my computer, too. But I often play Online Games and the speed is either too slow.

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 11:56:48 PM »
Well... Under Dosbox, there's no sound and no music at all! Graphics are also less beautiful.

I'll try CPU Killer a program that slow down the processor. Look here!

Tell me your comments about the program.