Author Topic: This showed up in "news" section near top of page right when I logged in  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: This showed up in "news" section near top of page right when I logged in
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 06:13:18 AM »
The box went down again before it disappeared completely, maybe Adam got fed up with it crashing all the time and just decided to pull it? And yeah, there's the IRC of course, which tends to be better for organising games and discussing things anyway.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »
Apologies for the huge absence.. apparently, the shoutbox is against the hosts' terms. Big bunch of Mr Moo Poo, as far as I'm concerned, but they removed it.

Without going into great detail, my mother's ex is a complete psychopath, went round the twist and tried to attack me, so I had to go into hiding. I'm now back in action. My mother's ex is now in prison. Lovely.

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2011, 05:45:43 PM »
HOLY FUDGE.  Glad you made it out of that situation okay.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2011, 07:17:25 PM »
 :scared: Wow, I would never imagine reading something this scary on a Lemmings forum (just in time for Halloween I guess :-\)!  Glad to hear you're okay now!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2011, 09:00:06 PM »
Yikes :o. You do have a talent for finding trouble - and, thankfully, surviving it too. It's great to have you back :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
The box went down again before it disappeared completely, maybe Adam got fed up with it crashing all the time and just decided to pull it? And yeah, there's the IRC of course, which tends to be better for organising games and discussing things anyway.

so is this "IRC" that everyone talks about just a big chat box site, especially for Lemmingsforum?

I know of other sites with a shoutbox and they tend to cause trouble it seems. Either they cost too much or have annoying adds.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Not a website, but a chat service.

You can use this in-browser client, pick a nickname and hit "join".

-- Simon