Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170894 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2004, 08:26:44 PM »
I've done a load of Levels, if you want them Add Me to MSN adam160591[at]gmail[dot]com they include som SEGA Levels and some very confusing levels.

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2004, 10:22:36 AM »
My first public level pack is now on Lemming Crazy, please do comment on it as it would help very much. Cheers, Adam

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2004, 07:01:13 PM »
Erm, Steaver? You have Adam's set saved as an HTML document, and not as a playable .set file. You may want to re-send your set as a .ZIP, Adam.

And can you E-mail your set to me? stem_balo@sbcglobal.net. Thank you.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2004, 11:15:58 AM »
Oops :-[. Fixed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2004, 11:10:57 PM »
My Lost Levels compilation is complete... I need to gather the style files for them, though. Anyone who wants it before I figure out where I can upload it can E-mail me at stem_balo@sbcglobal.net.

I have also begun "Insane Steve's MS Paint Revenge!" , The sequel to "Insane Steve's MS Paint Adventure". I have 2 levels so far. One is the most evil, terrible joke ever, but the joke itself is a bit obtuse.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

piainp2

« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2004, 10:53:19 AM »
I've done an 18 level set and a 31 level set named Isulemms and Isulemms2 respectively. Both are posted on the garjen site:
http://www.garjen.co.uk/CheapoLemmings.php#Packs

Or you could alternatively download them here

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2004, 01:58:45 AM »
My current project is to recreate the four 30 level sets I have in my notebooks. Some of the levels will be levels in other Cheapo packs I made, some will be levels I had in LemEdit but aren't in Cheapo yet, and some will be unseen by anyone. I don't know when or if this will ever get done.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2004, 01:28:38 PM »
My current project is a series of sets each with 30 levels. As in the original Lemmings, the sets ascend in difficulty, and I use a rotating order for the musics. The first set is complete and should be available on Lemming Crazy as soon as Adam gets round to putting it up.

(EDIT: but of course, anyone who wants it sooner only has to e-mail me at zarathustra47@yahoo.com)

(and Steve, are you going to send your comments any time soon? not that I'm nagging... but since I've already started on the second set, it would be good to know now what I need to improve in the first!)

piainp2

« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2004, 01:16:46 PM »
I'm currently working on a few categorized sets. I've only thought up 5 different categories at the moment, these are: Beginner, Cheap tricks, Precision, Perfection and Repetition. I'll probably add more when I think of them.

Edit: Nope, Scrapped that. I'll split 120 levels into four sets. 55 levels complete so far

Another Edit: Now I've got about 65 levels done, I'm not making very fast progression on this...

Edit3: I've done a complete overhaul on this so I now only have about 40 levels done. I may release a 2nd pre-release version with 10 levels per set soon. Watch this space.

Conway

« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2005, 12:49:05 AM »
Essman, I'm currently up to Mayhem 18 in your Cheapo recreation levels. Most of them are surprisingly easy, but 'Good Luck. . .' will take some thought.

Levels that I thought were a little too easy for their place in the game include Taxing 18 'Quote: That's a crazy level', Taxing 22 'More tremolo blooz', Taxing 23 'Teach a new trick to an old lemming', Mayhem 7 'Quote: What a titanic level!', Mayhem 9 'Essentially the same', Mayhem 13 'Surrounded by fakeness', and Mayhem 16 'Hold on to your ego'. I know you probably made these levels a whle ago, but please tell me (here or by pm) what your intended solutions are to these.

You have some very good and enjoyable levels, Essman! I especially like Tricky 7 'They wanna stop the lemmings', Tricky 25 'It's not time tp panic, Taxing 4 'Majorly annoying', and Mayhem 6 'Actual insanity'.

Please make some harder levels!

That's it for now.

Offline chaos_defrost

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2005, 04:38:52 AM »
Don't worry. I'm working on my own 120-level set. Some of the later ones are just  X_X in nature. You've probably played a few of them.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2005, 09:17:50 AM »
Quote from: Conway  link=1089162351/45#54 date=1105318145
Essman, I'm currently up to Mayhem 18 in your Cheapo recreation levels. Most of them are surprisingly easy, but 'Good Luck. . .' will take some thought.

Interesting, I didn't have much trouble with that level, I'm sure there were earlier Mayhem levels that I found harder.  But anyhow, good luck.

Which reminds me, you didn't find Taxing 25 and Mayhem 4 to be troublesome???  Especially Mayhem 4, which at least for me required far more precision than any other level in the set I can think of.  Makes me wonder if there's an easier way to solve it.  (btw I have already finished all 120 levels.)

« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2005, 09:41:27 AM »

Incidentally, given a choice of new harder levels and having the next version of Cheapo done sooner, which would you choose?

(Not that in real life you're likely to have an actual choice, since Essman seemed to have said that he's done enough levelmaking with those 120.  :))

Offline Essman

• View Profile
    • Ferret Face Games
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2005, 05:26:42 PM »
You have some very good and enjoyable levels, Essman! I especially like Tricky 7 'They wanna stop the lemmings', Tricky 25 'It's not time tp panic, Taxing 4 'Majorly annoying', and Mayhem 6 'Actual insanity'.

Some levels actually have errors in them that were introduced during the conversion process. They are:
Taxing 12, 23 and 24, and Mayhem 4 and 13. Two of those levels had fake exits, which don't seem to work at all, so I removed them.

I updated a new version of the set files to the same locataion: <Download here>

I still wanted casual players to complete the mayhem levels, so I didn't make them super hard. If I make new levels, it will be after I complete the new game (which I am still working on).

Offline Essman

• View Profile
    • Ferret Face Games
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2005, 05:32:05 PM »
Forgot to reply to these:

Levels that I thought were a little too easy for their place in the game include Taxing 18 'Quote: That's a crazy level', Taxing 22 'More tremolo blooz', Taxing 23 'Teach a new trick to an old lemming', Mayhem 7 'Quote: What a titanic level!', Mayhem 9 'Essentially the same', Mayhem 13 'Surrounded by fakeness', and Mayhem 16 'Hold on to your ego'. I know you probably made these levels a whle ago, but please tell me (here or by pm) what your intended solutions are to these.

Soon I'll have time to look at those levels and I'll PM you or something. I'll tell you now that for some levels, I cannot remember at all what my original intended solution was (like most mayhem levels).

You have some very good and enjoyable levels, Essman!

Thanks!