Author Topic: Cheapo Level Pak topic  (Read 170932 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Cheapo Level Pak topic
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2005, 12:14:19 AM »
Sorry -- I'm not putting my old levels back up any more. I've been making lots of new styles and converting the old levels to the new styles, and I'm just waiting on ccexplore to finish the last four musics before I post the new versions of the levels. I could let you have a sort of preview pack if you like, but not now -- I need to be getting some sleep  8-)

JM

« Reply #661 on: January 09, 2006, 12:58:43 AM »
Cheapo should still exist it's pretty cool. I couldn't be bothered with cheapo as I've been playing bass,playing Custlemm,hanging around with firiends and all that but I'll hopefully make a complete cheapo pack of 10 or 15 levels and that should hopefully be good.

Does invisible terrain work in cheapo?

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: January 09, 2006, 01:19:28 AM »
Cheapo has an eraser. See, while LemEdit uses tiles and terrain pieces to make levels, Cheapo maps store terrain as "stamps" of sorts, and the level is saved as an image. Thus, parts of the level can br erased. Invisible terrain can be made simply by copy-pasting blocks of the background color into the level.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

JM

« Reply #663 on: January 09, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »
Thanks. I was hoping to make an invisible cheapo level in my pack when I get back to it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #664 on: February 09, 2006, 12:30:53 AM »
You can't do a black hidden level though. And you'd have to use a custom style to make the minimap back colour the same as the level background colour too. (Unless you WANT the minimap to be the solution, like with one of the levels in Lemming Racers 2)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Ice_Eagle91

« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2006, 03:39:25 PM »
How long are Style Trial Part III and Lemmings Classic taking? It's been two to three months since the release dates...

Isu 2006

« Reply #666 on: February 20, 2006, 04:02:00 AM »
Sorry about that, I've been a little too inactive recently. :-/

The good news is that Style Trial Part III is roughly about 88% complete, expect a release in the beginning of march (Or maybe sooner).

And about Lemmings Classic, well, lets just say that I'd rather not talk about it. :'(

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #667 on: March 09, 2006, 11:39:19 PM »
Is there going to be a Style Trial Part IV?

Isu 2006

« Reply #668 on: March 21, 2006, 01:22:58 PM »
Quote from: Ice_Eagle link=1089162351/660#667 date=1141947559
Is there going to be a Style Trial Part IV?
No.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2006, 03:40:08 PM »
How's Part Three coming on? And btw, which of my styles are you using? If there are any you don't have, do you want me to send them?

Isu 2006

« Reply #670 on: March 25, 2006, 01:03:20 AM »
I'm not using any of your styles in part three. However, I have switched my lemmings side off for the next six months so this might be the last release from me for a while.

Style Trial Full: Size: (5,167KB) (oops, thought the comma was a dot :-[)
(It works if you right click, Save as)

In the zip is the current release of Style Trial. I have included all three parts, as I have made little alterations here and there. I recomend that you play it using wlem2x because two levels use MOD music. I have also included the readme document in it's current form (Which hasn't progressed much from the previous version, actually) and the odd style or two found it's way into the zip.

I might upload the 38% version of Lemmings Classic later, since it's taking me so long to finish levels for it

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 25, 2006, 12:09:26 PM »
You can share my freespaces account if you like:

http://www.freespaces.com/shp.php?action=login

[EDIT: I'm taking my password out of this post now that you've finished. If you want it again, PM me. Actually, that goes for anyone else too; I really don't mind sharing.]

Isu 2006

« Reply #672 on: March 26, 2006, 05:15:59 PM »
Thank you.

Lemmings Classic, 38% complete (Right click, Save as)

Read the comment in the zip.

I know CHAOS! only has 5 levels, but it's not like I come up with good difficult levels everyday, these things take time. ::)

Ice_Eagle

« Reply #673 on: March 30, 2006, 01:46:10 PM »
Level 12 of Style Trial Part III doesn't work.  :(

Does it work for anyone else or not? If it does, can you please send me the style?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 30, 2006, 03:14:15 PM »
I had some trouble getting the links to download (freespaces is like that......) but I've added download links to the index page:

http://repton.freespaces.com

EDIT: Heh, I like what I see of Style Trial. I see that in spite of what you said about not using my styles, two of them at least have got in there -- MichaelBlue and Prince. You really should use the Repton style as well, though, as it's the only other one I've done that's not based on the original graphics. Of course, I can't play many of the levels at all, which is probably a good thing as I don't even nearly have time for them  ;)