Author Topic: Water Terrain  (Read 1793 times)

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Water Terrain
« on: September 09, 2010, 12:39:33 AM »
In Lemedit, the water moves 8 spaces when I press left or right on the keyboard instead of one space. I want to place it in a certain spot but it's moving too many spaces. When I click on the yellow number at the bottom right that has 0024 and change it to 0028 and press Enter, it will go back to 0024. 
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Water Terrain
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 01:11:32 AM »
Water and other objects (traps, exits etc.) need to be placed at multiples of 8 in the x-direction and 4 in the y-direction, otherwise they won't work as intended. It's a limitation of the game rather than a problem with the editor. Lemmix allows you to place these anywhere, but the triggers (the parts that interact with the lemmings) are fixed to 4x4 grids, so you could end up with (for example) lemmings drowning above or beside a body of water.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
Re: Water Terrain
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 04:31:26 AM »
I guess I'll have to move the other terrains. In the PSP Lemmings, you can place it exactly anywhere. You can even put ten water in one spot but there's no point in doing that though. I'm trying to rebuild my level from Lemmings PSP, and I'm getting the feeling that the level may not look exactly the same way.

Mr. Lemmings PSP user.