Author Topic: switching exits?  (Read 1711 times)

Offline wihu61

• View Profile
switching exits?
« on: June 30, 2010, 02:36:24 AM »
I built a level with two exits (where they fall out of)
in the editor: no problem, but in the player the exits had suddenly switched.

In total 3 lemmings, so 2 from exit 1 (left), and 1 from the second exit (right).
So suddenly (in the lemmixplayer) I had two lemmings on the right and one on the left, while it should be the other way round.

I had to switch them and play (test) it over and over again in the (lemmix) player to get it right...

Any ideas?  :evil:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: switching exits?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:49:52 AM »
CustLemm and original Lemmings have different entrance orderings.  The editor defaults to using CustLemm mode for playtesting (you can set this though when you select/change the style to open the level with).  LemmixPlayer on the other hand uses original Lemmings ordering.

The easiest way to enforce the correct ordering no matter which mode, is to add duplicate entrance objects.  When you have 4 entrances, the ordering is identical no matter which mode.  So if you want left-right-left-right-..., add a 3rd entrance and put it at the exact same position as the left entrance, and then add a 4th entrance and put it at the exact same position as right entrance.

[edit: I guess you can omit the 4th entrance since your level only has 3 lemmings]