Author Topic: not every levels run with customized lemmings  (Read 1688 times)

Offline 4tiere

• View Profile
not every levels run with customized lemmings
« on: February 23, 2010, 09:34:55 PM »
Hi,

at first my english is very bad, I'm from Germany.

I play Customized Lemmings since 2004. The older levels run very good, but some new levels and levels with more than 80 lemmings don't run. Sometimes the I see the lemming not there, where I can use the skills.

What can I do?!

Natalie ;P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: not every levels run with customized lemmings
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 10:30:49 PM »
None of the DOS-based versions of Lemmings support more than 80 lemmings.  Your options are either to edit the level and bring the number of lemmings down to 80 (with appropriate adjustments to # saved), or used one of the Windows-based emulation of DOS Lemmings such as Lemmix.

Are there any levels with 80 or fewer lemmings that still doesn't run?  Any chance you know where I can download such levels?

Chances are good that some of those levels have "illegal" objects, like steel areas placed outside of level boundaries, which have been known to cause crashes in DOS-based versions of Lemmings.  Again, your options would be to edit the level to remove the offending objects (or adjust their sizes so they stay within bounds), or try playing the levels in something like Lemmix that are a little more error-tolerant.  Lemmix level editor also has a "validate level" command that can help you quickly find such problematic objects in a level.