Author Topic: Ideas for extending graphic sets  (Read 11830 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Ideas for extending graphic sets
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 04:55:51 PM »
Right then, here's my snow set so far... The cane trap was posted on a separate post. Tell me about any graphic  you don't like.

Just one set to go, and I'm finished (Not for the objects, I'll add them later). The only set left is the brick set, and we only need four.

Edit: I still need to add some more crystal textures, there's a long way to go.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 12:25:59 AM »
The trees in both need some work.  I would recommend flipping the horizontal tree in the dirt set for that, and in the snow, also edit the coloring.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 02:37:37 AM »
The polar tribe from Lemmings 2 has snow-covered trees. You could steal those...

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 06:33:26 AM »
I am doing that now. Any ideas for the brick set? (There's only 4 to think about)
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 08:20:44 AM »
Yeah, I've got a few ideas for this one. How about:

• Horizontal girders (to go with the existing vertical ones)
  • White blocks (like #42) with the diagonal line going the other way (just inverting it messes with the lighting effects...)
  • Bigger blocks made from the tiny bricks (#21 and #22) and diagonal bricks (#17 through #20)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 03:23:40 PM »
...vertical steps, like in the Cheapo version? (The ones abused in the Oblivion levels :P)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2009, 04:52:00 PM »
OK lads, I've tried my best for the brick set, but all the terrain pieces are so useful I didn't really like any of them replaced. But here we go. 4 will be added on and the other 4 will replace the pies (Even though Clam Spammer's Training Zone Alpha level was rather useful there ;))

I'm not very good at converting colours for Xmas trees :( The igloo from L2 was OK, and so was the pack of snowballs. I may do footprints too.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 06:29:04 PM »
I really would like this thread to be done, so that we may be able to play these pieces in multiplayer lemmings. ;)

So, I would like to finish crystal, but not all 27 were made. I recently made a post with the crystal proposal attachment so that you can see which ones were made.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2009, 02:44:28 AM »
I wonder what the difference is between the GroundxO.dat file and the VGAGRx.dat file.

The VGAGRx.DAT files contain all the bitmaps (graphics) for all terrains and objects of a particular graphics set.  The GroundxO.dat contains all the non-graphical information, such as how the terrain/object ID numbers map to which bitmaps in VGAGRx.DAT, the width and height of the bitmap, how many frames of animation there are for an object, what kind of object (eg. constant traps, triggered traps, exits, etc.), and things like that.  Basically, drawing a parallel from Cheapo, the GroundxO.dat would be like the .stt files and VGAGRx.DAT would be the bitmap files.

If vgagrx.DAT contains the bitmaps, then I guess groundxO.dat contains colour pallets?  After all, don't forget Genesis Groundx

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2009, 07:03:31 AM »
Why Genesis Groundx? We don't have Genesis anymore.

Here's a link to let you know how many pieces I have for the crystal set.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2009, 01:50:41 PM »
How bout traps
dirt

Brigde trap
Boulder trap

fire

Welder trap

marble

Hammer trap

pillar

Longer distans wall shooters
Wooden crusher

cristal

Cristal crusher
Cristal laser

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2009, 08:40:58 PM »
Why Genesis Groundx? We don't have Geniesis anymore.

Here's a link to let you know how many pieces I have for the crystal set.

When text is quoted, do you read it?  I was replying to a post by ccexplore a while back about the difference between Groundx0 and VGAGRx.  Genesis Groundx changes colour pallets but only requires the modified Groundx0.dat files.
Reread the quoted post below.

I wonder what the difference is between the GroundxO.dat file and the VGAGRx.dat file.

The VGAGRx.DAT files contain all the bitmaps (graphics) for all terrains and objects of a particular graphics set.  The GroundxO.dat contains all the non-graphical information, such as how the terrain/object ID numbers map to which bitmaps in VGAGRx.DAT, the width and height of the bitmap, how many frames of animation there are for an object, what kind of object (eg. constant traps, triggered traps, exits, etc.), and things like that.  Basically, drawing a parallel from Cheapo, the GroundxO.dat would be like the .stt files and VGAGRx.DAT would be the bitmap files.

If vgagrx.DAT contains the bitmaps, then I guess groundxO.dat contains colour pallets?  After all, don't forget Genesis Groundx

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2009, 03:20:02 AM »
Can you extend object sets ???