Author Topic: PCL2STAT Level Size Changing Bug  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
PCL2STAT Level Size Changing Bug
« on: October 30, 2009, 11:38:59 PM »
I click the change button, but nothing happens.  I would like to expand Classic 2 horizontally.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: PCL2STAT Level Size Changing Bug
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2009, 12:03:00 AM »
yeah, I mentioned in the same post that feature hasn't been implemented yet.  The main trickery with it is that the level format stores the level map in a somewhat funky way in order to accomodate various dimensions while still fit within the memory constraints of the game.  So for example, you can make a 1280x160 level, and you can make a 320x680 level, but not a 1280x680 level.  Moreover, the memory layout of 1280x160 will be different from the memory layout of 320x680.

So in order to implement that feature properly (ie. preserving the arrangment of existing terrain and objects as much as possible), I need to take all of that into account, as well as adding in validation checks to make sure the user doesn't set the level size to something the game doesn't support.

That said, I might be able to quickly add limited support for it in the simple case where the change in width or height does not cause the memory layout to change (I think the change you're doing falls under that category).  Not that it's all that hard to implement the full feature, but again, it's just one of those things that will take time to do and test.  I'll post an updated PCL2STAT once ready.