Author Topic: Why did you choose what your avatar is?  (Read 24453 times)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
Why did you choose what your avatar is?
« on: October 05, 2009, 02:51:41 AM »
Basically, discussion about avatars.

I decided to make a desktop cube for an avatar on a different forum, and then I ran into the "Squirrelizer."  It wouldn't work, though, but I got the squirrel added in manually.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
Re: Why did you choose what your avatar is?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 09:27:33 AM »
With my avatar, I wanted to make it clear what my favourite version of Lemmings is; the Master System version. Also, I was in an experimental mood at the time, and I wanted to see if it was possible to make a level in a 128x128 pixel space (reduced to 128x104 due to the skills bar). I also decided to animate it to give it more life, and I feel that it isn't a distraction.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 01:00:20 PM »
Love for L2 and pixellated old-school graphics in general.

-- Simon

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 05:14:28 PM »
Mine goes with my username :P (Sentinel Proxima from Iji, the most awesome videogame boss of all time.)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 07:29:03 PM »
Thanks for finally providing an answer to my question.  I figured something that cool-looking can't be just a generic spaceship/robot clipart. ;)

Offline Fernito

• Mapper wannabe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
Well, I play the bass, so... ;P
Like prog metal? Listen at Izkemia on MySpace or Facebook.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 08:04:05 PM »
...and I play the guitar. :D

Anyway, my avatar is the symbol for Aries. I love it, because that's the constellation I was born. Aries happens between 21st March and 20th April and is the first sign of the zodiac.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 09:22:46 PM »
It's a pixely rendition of me.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 10:01:10 PM »
 :o Woah, that's you?

Offline Chmera

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2009, 10:38:11 PM »
  Mine's a greek letter, the lowercase phi, standing for the golden section or golden mean, 0.618, complementing uppercase Phi, 1.618 - a proportion believed to be inherently pleasing to the human eye, and frequently repeated in nature and art, so as someone who considers themself both a scientist and an artist I felt it was perfect. It's my avatar on a lot of other sites, as well.
  I could go into detail as to why I use the colour purple a great deal, but I'm probably rambling already, so I'll stop. =P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 01:14:21 AM »
  Mine's a greek letter, the lowercase phi, standing for the golden section or golden mean, 0.618, complementing uppercase Phi, 1.618

You have those quantities the wrong way round. Although, if you're thinking of phi as a proportion, both stand for the same proportion, since 0.618 = 1 / 1.618. :)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 03:35:53 AM »
Civ 4 has clams too :P

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2009, 06:26:33 AM »
Civ 4 has clams too :P

I have spotted that in the Civ 4 forums as well, even though I don't play it.

I also know that Super Mario 64 have Clams too.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2009, 06:35:49 AM »
When the Nintendo 64 and Sony Playstation came out, home video games were capable of 3D and therefore if you wanted to make any money in the business, you were going to use 3D as well. Then there were the XBOX, GameCube and Playstation 2 (and the untimely death of the Dreamcast), which were capable of more 3D, so if you wanted to make any money in the business, you were going to use more 3D as well.

2D gaming kinda disappeared, and indeed became understood as a sort of archaic method of making games and eventually became synonimous with old-fashioned technology and obsolete graphical style. I was one of few people who, over the last decade, kept pushing for new 2D innovations, as the new graphical power of current consoles don't only do 3D. With what we can do nowadays, you can make some 2D that's WAY beyond anything that could be produced from the days before polygons.

My wishes--long thought doomed to be forever unanswered--were eventually granted by the title Wario Land: Shake It! and an upcoming "reimagining" of a classic game of the distant past: I saw the first screens and videos for A Boy and His Blob, done correctly this time around. It was several months ago when this happened, and I whipped up my avatar using early promotional artwork for the game (sometimes it pays to have a friend in the gaming journalism biz).

So next Thursday (when the game will actually be available for purchase), I'll be doing that instead of anything Lemmings-related... And I'll have to think of what my next avatar will be!

I could go into detail as to why I use the colour purple a great deal, but I'm probably rambling already, so I'll stop. =P

No! Don't stop!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2009, 09:32:13 PM »
I liked your old avatar better, Clam Spammer!  Why'd you change it?

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 04:24:34 AM »

It helps to explain why I chose my avatar (and username too). You asked for it by starting this thread. ;)

I think I will keep this for a while, considering the effort it took to get it - I had to jump on my other computer and dig out my Civ 4 cd especially for this.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 04:56:09 AM »
I don't what guyperfect's is
and mr. k's is funny lol
btw anybody like my lemmings icon

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 07:23:08 PM »

It helps to explain why I chose my avatar (and username too). You asked for it by starting this thread. ;)

Except it doesn't really explain much, other than that it has something to do with the game Civilization 4 from what I gather.  Any chance you'd explain how clams fit into that game for those who never played it?

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 08:49:01 PM »
Wow.. you're getting a little curious... which is a good thing because I am as well. :)

btw anybody like my lemmings icon

I haven't checked it out. It might seem shocking to all of you but I say this again: I have the option to avoid showing people's avatars, including mine (which is pretty strange, isn't it?)

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2009, 10:01:48 PM »
Except it doesn't really explain much, other than that it has something to do with the game Civilization 4 from what I gather.  Any chance you'd explain how clams fit into that game for those who never played it?

Clams are one of very few links between Lemmings and Civ - my favourite games at the time I joined the forums. That's why I chose them for my username (and avatar too of course). Although I don't play Civ any more. Anyway, what clams do in Civ is they provide food for your people so they don't starve.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2010, 05:23:11 PM »
Well i 've choosed the "Sonic 3 full body" avatar becuase im a fan of sonic

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2010, 06:11:20 PM »
I finally got the animated clam I always wanted! :D Even if I did have to make it myself...

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2010, 01:44:19 AM »
Cool!  :thumbsup:

My avatar is just the most recent Lemmings-related art thing I did that was about the right size. No deep meaning or what.

Offline The Doctor

• Jason the Human
    • View Profile
    • zapzupnz.com
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 07:24:45 AM »
My avatar I chose because I rather like Adventure Time. Easy!
This Lemmings forum is simply *fabulous*!

Offline Nortaneous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »
Ripped the sprites from Hocus Pocus (old DOS game that, along with Lemmings and Tyrian, took up most of my childhood) a while back and made a few avatars from that. I like this one the best, so I use it on most sites.

Offline Gronkling

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 12:19:45 PM »
I don't know really. I just thought it looked funny.  :P

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 04:23:27 PM »
The AntiGravity Cat is awesome. :D

Offline danparker

• View Profile
    • danparker studios
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 08:32:14 PM »
Look at my avatar. It's some lemmings and two Digimons. This was a screenshot of an episode I made years ago. I chose it because I thought it was cool.

Oh, and the avatar you got, Adam, very classic. Sega Lemmings.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
Sonic Generations
With classic and modern sonic CAN'T wait  :D

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 12:03:46 PM »
I've had this avatar (a 3D-blocker lemming with darkish green background) since I joined here. Nothing special, actually I think my avatar is probably the blandest one here. A friend of mine made this to me when we were in high school, I just gave him the picture of that lemming and he added the background. :P Years later I joined here and thought that I could use this as my avatar.

Recently I was thinking of changing my avatar for variety and fun, but didn't do that for the time being. In some (larger) forums avatars could play a bigger role in such a way that people possibly remember members from their avatars, not from their usernames, for example. I think our forum is enough small that people know each other even though avatars would change.

EDIT: Just found this topic related closely to this one.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2014, 12:57:31 PM »
Mine current is a picture of "L" from Death Note.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2014, 01:06:58 PM »
I've had this avatar (a 3D-blocker lemming with darkish green background) since I joined here.
I think this blocker suits you. You're like "No, intended solution! Don't come this way! Let me find backroutes in peace!" :D

Mine current is a picture of "L" from Death Note.
:thumbsup:

My avatar is a portion of a drawing I made for a friend, representing her 10 favorite video games. I think it's pretty funny to see Pikachu popping behind GLaDOS, so I kept this bit and sometimes use it on the internet.

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2014, 01:31:04 PM »
Mine simply matches my username.

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2014, 11:00:26 PM »
My last post is actually still accurate, since this is now the most recent piece of Lemmings-related artwork I did (or a piece of it -- the full thing is here), but it's fairly different from the last one. I tend to use the most thematically appropriate artwork for whatever forum I'm on.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:48 PM »
As with Akseli, I've had my avatar since I got here.

It's a panel from the very end of the Lemmings comic from the first issue of the very short-lived comic series, Max Overload!, of which I had the second issue - which was also the final one, as far as anyone knows. Had I had access to scans of issue 2, whose Lemmings story was "Lemmings Throughout History", I would've used an image from that instead, but unfortunately the second issue has yet to be found and preserved in this era, and the copy I had is long gone, so I can't do this. :(

I chose this avatar because, even without scans of issue 2, I wanted to make reference to that comic, and I liked the way that the shrugging fit in with my punny handle. And I still do. ;)

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 11:54:09 PM »
I first posted on this forum because I felt the need to improve upon the background image used in the Lix menu. At the time I found Lix, this was the background image.

So, not long after submitting my version, Simon sent me a link to the very first place-holder background image, which he drew himself. He seems to think it was terrible, but I found that Lix so cute that I made her my first avatar. I think Simon still doesn't really get it.

At some point (I think this was before I knew the IRC channel was logged), I mentioned I had dressed up in a bunny suit for a play I was in recently. So Simon made some bunny-ear additions to my avatar, and it hasn't changed since. Admittedly, it is a little tall for an avatar, so I feel guilty when I make short posts.

(This is my avatar at the time of posting, in case you're reading this in the distant future.)

My last post is actually still accurate, since this is now the most recent piece of Lemmings-related artwork I did (or a piece of it -- the full thing is here), but it's fairly different from the last one. I tend to use the most thematically appropriate artwork for whatever forum I'm on.

Woah. That is really a very impressive picture, viewed full-size. I'm quite fond of imagining more realistic visual interpretations of old video games that lacked modern graphics, and I must say that is exactly my headcanon there.

As with Akseli, I've had my avatar since I got here.

Your profile picture kinda creeps me out, actually. It's something those haunting, sunken eyes that makes me shiver when I see it. That lemming looks to me like he's cowering in fear, not shrugging apologetically. But I do like it, it's very distinct and, of course, it's permanently associated with you now. And somehow that terrified Lemming is very summative of the feel of the original game to me; some sort of nihilistic comment on the futility of life.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2014, 02:58:23 AM »
So, not long after submitting my version, Simon sent me a link to the very first place-holder background image, which he drew himself. He seems to think it was terrible, but I found that Lix so cute that I made her my first avatar. I think Simon still doesn't really get it.

At some point (I think this was before I knew the IRC channel was logged), I mentioned I had dressed up in a bunny suit for a play I was in recently. So Simon made some bunny-ear additions to my avatar, and it hasn't changed since. Admittedly, it is a little tall for an avatar, so I feel guilty when I make short posts.
I remember the cute placeholder art! I never got what was so terrible about it, either.

I was always wondering about the bunny ears, though, so thanks for filling in that part of the story, and clearing up that mystery. :thumbsup:

Your profile picture kinda creeps me out, actually. It's something those haunting, sunken eyes that makes me shiver when I see it. That lemming looks to me like he's cowering in fear, not shrugging apologetically. But I do like it, it's very distinct and, of course, it's permanently associated with you now. And somehow that terrified Lemming is very summative of the feel of the original game to me; some sort of nihilistic comment on the futility of life.
Aw, man, I thought he looked cute. :D (I suppose it makes a difference that I don't see the eyes as looking sunken, though!)

I did briefly consider changing it at one point earlier in the year, but, as you say, my current one is permanently associated with me now, so in the end I didn't feel right about changing it.

As for the lemming in my avatar looking like he's cowering in fear, that's actually part of what he really is doing - he's shrugging off what he just did, in an alarmed fashion, after appearing like an omen of bad luck and causing a professor to be squished by a truck! (Really. Read the comic. ;) )

... I didn't make that sound any less creepy, did I? :scared: In context, it's slapstick and Tom & Jerry-esque, honest!

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2014, 04:11:20 AM »
This is a bit of an in-joke from a couple of other boards. The original image was the "Deal with it" dog which you may have seen. Originally had this as an avatar on the LF puzzle contest boards, then decided to also use it here.

Don't know really, I feel the "wait for it.... wait for NA GET OUT" nature of this image coupled with what one familiar with the original image may be expecting kind of sums up who I am.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Lemika

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2014, 06:16:01 AM »
Woah. That is really a very impressive picture, viewed full-size. I'm quite fond of imagining more realistic visual interpretations of old video games that lacked modern graphics, and I must say that is exactly my headcanon there.

Thank you! I'm fond of doing the same (perhaps obviously), and spent quite a lot of time on Lemmings in particular.

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2014, 08:17:06 PM »
I probably took a long time before I picked an avatar. As always looking for something lemmings related and as lemmings tribes was probably one of my favorites games of all time I couldn't resist.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2014, 06:47:15 AM »
OK, I decided to 'revamp' my profile today with a new avatar and a slightly modified name. I chose this brand new avatar because I'd just thought I show you that I can write music, just like I did with making the ONML music here. The new username is not much difference, but not that it does mean anything! It relates to a British English term for a half musical note.

Hope you all enjoy this new avatar!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2014, 11:12:07 AM »
OK, I decided to 'revamp' my profile today with a new avatar and a slightly modified name. I chose this brand new avatar because I'd just thought I show you that I can write music, just like I did with making the ONML music here. The new username is not much difference, but not that it does mean anything! It relates to a British English term for a half musical note.

Hope you all enjoy this new avatar!

Just a suggestion; maybe you should put a note in your signature saying who you are, at least until people get used to the new name. Entirely up to you of course, but even after reading that post it took me a bit to figure it out.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2014, 04:41:15 PM »
That's a good idea, namida. 8) I've done that by your request to avoid further confusion.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »
That was a good idea cause I didn't get it right away either.  :D

Personally I want to change my name as well but everybody gets confused when you do that  :(

btw, my avatar is Yuko or Yuno twitching from Elfen Lied.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2014, 10:37:47 PM »
OK, I thought my previous avatar looked a little bit too different and complicated so I've simplified it a bit. That previous one I pictured was actually the melody to the Lemming1 tune. BTW this is what a minim looks like. Hope you enjoy this one better than the other.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2014, 12:36:13 AM »
OK, I thought my previous avatar looked a little bit too different and complicated so I've simplified it a bit. That previous one I pictured was actually the melody to the Lemming1 tune. BTW this is what a minim looks like. Hope you enjoy this one better than the other.

No that I have any issues with your new username, but honestly, who outside of Britain (and I frankly wonder who inside of it too) ever uses that term over the far more commonly recognized "half note"? ???  There's a reason saying "whole note", "half note", "quarter note", "eighth note", "sixteenth note" etc. works since the numeric relationship is crystal clear and of course the lengths of your notes are what forms the rhythm.  I have to look "minim" up in Wikipedia to confirm it is what I thought it is based on your latest post.  (Yeah sorry, I never read some of the recent posts you have apparently made on this thread.  Especially since with the earlier avatar before your current reduction, I instantly recognized what that was about).

I actually recognized your older avatar's tune right away, and rather like that one far more than this generic-ode-to-apparently-a-term-I-wonder-if-anyone-ever-uses your avatar has now become, but hey, to each his own. ;P

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2014, 01:04:59 AM »
and I frankly wonder who inside of it too

It's the standard term in British English. Your terms are just as alien to us as ours are to you  :P

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2014, 01:30:43 AM »
Hmm okay, so what do you guys call the other notes of different lengths (whole note [minim x 2], quarter [minim / 2], eighth [minim / 4], sixteenth [minim / 8], etc)?  It almost feels like a case of metric vs imperial measurements, and even as a US American living in a stubborn country that refuses to switch to metric, ;P I kinda see the advantage of having a more numeric-based system compared with a bunch of random words.

Offline Luis

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2014, 06:34:48 AM »
My avatar is the Lemmings PSP box. It's my favorite version of the original Lemmings and it got me back into the series. I'm a big fan of the PSP Lemmings and I don't mean to brag when I say, this forum was lucky to have me since I have given this forum a lot of information and content about the PSP Lemmings and there aren't that many people that are a big fans of this version. I can't imagine anyone else having the patiences to build those 36 exclusive levels in Lemmix.
Mr. Lemmings PSP user.

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2014, 06:53:53 AM »
I've made a temporary avatar-change for the festive season - it's the ever-familiar Christmas Lemmings image, taken from the launcher application on the DICE Multimedia re-release of Holiday Lemmings '94. :thumbsup:

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2014, 11:31:12 AM »
Hi everyone

Prob Lem is getting into the christmas spirit with her new avatar, I like it. Not long til christmas. We need to encourage anyone who has not got a avatar to get one, make your profile fancy.

I'm into my quizzes and at the moment, I've found some subjects easier than others to learn, I like my geography as I can remember all the state capitals in america, but there are subjects that tend to stomp me and that is the musical notes as Ccexplore was saying.  :thumbsup: I'lll need to try and learn another mnemonic to see if I can remember the order of the notes.

Lets try and encourage the newer users to get an avatar.  :)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2014, 03:29:20 PM »
All right  8)

My new avatar is a lovely picture of Proxima (the star) I found on Wikipedia.

And since you asked... two minims make a semibreve, two semibreves make a breve (although this is almost never used, as all the most common time signatures are less than one breve), half a minim is a crotchet, half a crotchet is a quaver, and half a quaver is a semiquaver. It may not be a very logical system (especially as breve is cognate with brief, because it used to be the shortest note back in mediaeval times) but I like its quaintness  :P

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2014, 03:27:06 AM »
I started drawing this while talking to Simon on mumble, and finished it later.

Merry Christmas, ccexplore.  :)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2014, 05:56:58 AM »
Thanks!

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2014, 06:07:46 AM »
And since you asked... two minims make a semibreve, two semibreves make a breve (although this is almost never used, as all the most common time signatures are less than one breve), half a minim is a crotchet, half a crotchet is a quaver, and half a quaver is a semiquaver. It may not be a very logical system (especially as breve is cognate with brief, because it used to be the shortest note back in mediaeval times) but I like its quaintness  :P

Ah, unexpectedly I remember having seen somewhere two of the terms on the list (quaver and semiquaver).  I don't know what their actual lengths are though at the time, and probably guessed incorrectly that they are older names for quarter and eighth notes (whereas based on your list, their equivalents should be eighth and sixteenth notes).  Haven't seen the rest of them until today.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 07, 2014, 08:59:14 AM »
Haha, I didn't actually think you'd use it.

The hat is kind of distracting, though, whereas your normal avatar is mesmerizing. I don't think it was ever meant to be tampered with. You should switch it back before too long, so we don't adjust.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2014, 01:03:05 AM »
All right  8)

My new avatar is a lovely picture of Proxima (the star) I found on Wikipedia.

nice avatar  :thumbsup:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2014, 07:24:37 AM »
Haha, I didn't actually think you'd use it.

The hat is kind of distracting, though, whereas your normal avatar is mesmerizing. I don't think it was ever meant to be tampered with. You should switch it back before too long, so we don't adjust.

Hmm...okay.  I'll save the red hat for only the 25th then.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2014, 01:49:14 AM »
Hmm, just noticed Simon's holiday avatar:

It's probably just me but the beard at the moment reads more "barf bag" to me for some reason... :-\ :XD: Very nice though otherwise. ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2014, 09:12:43 PM »
Constructive criticism at its finest. Does this fix the bug for you?

-- Simon

Mariachi Skeletron Prime

« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
Well, first I started playing Rayman Legends, which had mariachi skeletons in them it, then I started playing Terraria, which had skeletron prime, and then it just sort of happened.  :-[

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2014, 05:12:12 AM »
Because....

1. Akseli ordered me to upload one, else I be banned, thrown into lava, banned again, thrown into lava of banning, and then lava-banned.

2. Applejack

3. Pumpkins

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2014, 05:24:30 AM »
All good reasons

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 25, 2015, 06:59:36 PM »
Just smashed a now avatar

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2015, 05:10:48 PM »
<----  I am this guy, and the other is a lemming.

I chose this because I have a good working reputation with this lemming.   

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2015, 10:20:07 PM »
you look a lot more pale than I expected. And your bright green hair that is an unusual choice; but I support it, to each his own.
The Lemming that is holding you, for some reason looks an awful lot like a human to me  :-\

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2015, 10:35:19 PM »
Hehe, I'm glad to see that Lex is doing well, RubiX! :thumbsup:

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2015, 06:04:45 AM »
he keeps watch of my computer 24/7 . 
personal security guard.

Mobius   /slap
funny guy

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2015, 08:27:53 AM »
Playing around with fonts in Excel... :8():

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2015, 06:28:42 PM »
the guy in my avatar is "Moondog":
Louis Thomas Hardin (May 26, 1916 – September 8, 1999), better known as Moondog, was an American composer, musician, poet and inventor of several musical instruments. He was blind from the age of 16. In New York from the late 1940s until he left in 1972, he could often be found on 6th Avenue between 52nd and 55th Street wearing a cloak and Viking-style helmet, sometimes busking or selling music, but often just standing silent and still.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moondog

-Hakuin Ekaku