Author Topic: Compiling Lemmix source code  (Read 3161 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Compiling Lemmix source code
« on: August 23, 2009, 06:01:01 AM »
Hey, I've tried to get it to compile, but there's so many missing files it's not funny... >_>
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: Compiling Lemmix source code
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:17:55 AM »
I caould only compile one set only, and that's not very funny. :(
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 08:01:10 AM »
Huh?
Do you even know what I'm asking? >_>
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »
I'm assuming you're referring to the source code to Lemmix, which I understand is written in Delphi. What sort of files are missing?
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 07:35:58 PM »
Hmmm...  through compiling source code, could a Linux version be made?

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 10:13:51 PM »
Maybe, but that depends on the code and the compiler. Delphi's not my strongest point, sadly, and I get it confused with Object Pascal.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 02:01:44 AM »
Hey, I've tried to get it to compile, but there's so many missing files it's not funny... >_>

Funny this coming from you, I thought you hate Lemmix.

If you can get ahold of EricLang (I know, not easy these days), maybe he can help.  At the very least, he can tell you the exact compiler setup he has (eg. which version of Delphi).

I'm also curious whether this means you actually bought some version of Delphi, and if so, how much did it cost?  Or did you manage to download a "free" copy somewhere?  I myself wouldn't mind being able to get Lemmix compiled on my computer.  If nothing else, at least I can produce a version that fixes the entrance ordering problem, for example.

Not really.  I could be mistaken, but I believe the reason it only works in Windows is because it has Windows-specific code for dealing with graphics and user interfaces widgets.  You'd need to replace all that with Linux-specific stuff instead.  That is assuming that there's a suitable Delphi compiler for Linux (possibly, but I'm just not familiar enough with the language to know).

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 03:38:36 AM »
Hmm...  maybe Jason's lemmings clone will be multiplatform?

P.S.  According to Wikipedia, Delphi and object pascal are the same thing.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 05:35:25 AM »

Funny this coming from you, I thought you hate Lemmix.

If you can get ahold of EricLang (I know, not easy these days), maybe he can help.  At the very least, he can tell you the exact compiler setup he has (eg. which version of Delphi).

I'm also curious whether this means you actually bought some version of Delphi, and if so, how much did it cost?  Or did you manage to download a "free" copy somewhere?  I myself wouldn't mind being able to get Lemmix compiled on my computer.  If nothing else, at least I can produce a version that fixes the entrance ordering problem, for example.

Not really.  I could be mistaken, but I believe the reason it only works in Windows is because it has Windows-specific code for dealing with graphics and user interfaces widgets.  You'd need to replace all that with Linux-specific stuff instead.  That is assuming that there's a suitable Delphi compiler for Linux (possibly, but I'm just not familiar enough with the language to know).

"Free" copies of it aren't hard to find, obviously I can't point you in the right direction... a certain search engine is a good friend here though. It was made with Delphi 7 Professional, I don't know the exact setup beyond that.

And when did I say I hate Lemmix? How else would I have made/watched all the replays, for one...?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2009, 05:02:55 AM »
I don't mind Lemmix either.  The only part I mind is that there aren't many good Linux compatible clones!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 12:46:41 PM »
And when did I say I hate Lemmix? How else would I have made/watched all the replays, for one...?

Ah, I just clicked to what you meant. I was referring to the players, not the editor, here. I don't think the code for the editor has even been released.
My Lemmings projects