Author Topic: NeoLemmix versions of Orig/OhNo/H94?  (Read 1600 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
NeoLemmix versions of Orig/OhNo/H94?
« on: May 21, 2014, 06:21:19 AM »
I'm wondering, would there be enough interest in these for me to bother making them? I'm meaning as in the actual effort to adapt levels to align the steel areas etc; simply making a NeoLemmix player (but using the levels as-is) is a two second job and there's no effort involved there. =P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix versions of Orig/OhNo/H94?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2014, 06:36:46 AM »
It might potentially be of interest as a standard mechanics for "no glitch" solutions for challenges.  That said, challenges on the official levels haven't really been looked at for a while now, and adding "no glitch" seems likely to just lead to either same or more boring solutions, which doesn't exactly encourage interest.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: NeoLemmix versions of Orig/OhNo/H94?
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2014, 07:25:47 AM »
Well, it would simply be a matter of modifying the level files. Now that I've finally decided to make sense of how exactly Lemmix shares its code across several versions within one folder (previously I had been keeping a seperate folder for each different game), I'm adapting NeoLemmix to take full advantage of this as well. Or should say, I have adapted - I currently have it compiling Orig, OhNo, LPDOS and LPII all out of the same folder - still have to add H94, CustLemmix and LPII Bonus (but I've modified the resource builder to accomodate these).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)