Author Topic: Custom Level Review Game  (Read 77158 times)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
Re: Custom Level Review Game
« Reply #150 on: October 23, 2009, 07:53:53 PM »
I just checked the whole thread.
These people have had reviews done in this thread before (in this order):
minimac
Fernito
namida

If we went with my new rule suggestion:
Joe03 -> ISteve10 -> Dstar01 -> 2nd Lemplus pack

I accept this :)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #151 on: October 23, 2009, 08:48:15 PM »
The reason I suggest this is so that people who have already had levels reviewed can't hog the floor for those who want their levels reviewed.

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 23, 2009, 08:53:05 PM »
I may well have a new level pack to release soon, so if no one objects, I'd like to throw my name into the hat for the next round of reviews (when we finish the current ones, obviously).

Of course, if I don't get it done soon, I won't demand we put this on hold until its done.
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 23, 2009, 09:03:15 PM »
If my rule suggestion is accepted, you will be fourth.

Joe03 -> ISteve10 -> Dstar01 -> Yawg's [Currently] Unreleased Pack -> 2nd Lemplus pack (because namida has his levels reviewed in this thread before, this new rule will give him lower priority than Joemon, Insane Steve, me [Dullstar], and you [Yawg], because we haven't had any levels reviewed in this thread yet.)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 23, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »
It would seem we've built up quite a backlog of levelpacks here. :-\ I know I haven't helped in this, although I'll admit I've lost a bit of interest lately. May I suggest we start reviewing levels again instead of worrying about who's levels will get reviewed when? And remember, the open review thread is always... well, open. :P

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #155 on: October 23, 2009, 11:12:21 PM »
And there's still No Salvation to be reviewed from the first L+ demo. =P
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 23, 2009, 11:39:06 PM »
I know I haven't helped in this, although I'll admit I've lost a bit of interest lately.

Lost interest in this thread?  In custom levels in general?  Or Lemmings altogether? :o

Just curious.  Especially if this is due to increase interest in other non-Lemmings activities.  Share with us especially if it's some other sort of computer game and such. ;)

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 24, 2009, 02:45:26 AM »
Hey, I tried to solve level - wait a minute!  Maybe, just maybe...

If I can find a solution, I would be happy to review it, although I do not think I'll be able to find it on my own.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 24, 2009, 06:02:48 AM »

Those in bold I probably wouldn't accept , because (For Joemon) I have reviewed some of Joemon's levels in his third set. What about this fourth pack?

And (for namida) I would either do that pack straight after this level, or leave it out until all the other users have finished (As in, what about Clam Spammer and Yawg? Their levels haven't been reviewed in this thread).

L+ DOS demo: Level 10: No Salvation

Lemmings: 10
90% to be saved (9)
Time: 1 minute
Release rate: 99
Skills: 2 of each

Good: Finally, a really difficult 10th level in this pack which matches the learning curve :P, Forces a lot of incorrect solutions by the player.

Bad: A few things I don't like the look of: the broken pillars, the trap placement and more broken planks and stairs.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 24, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »

Those in bold I probably wouldn't accept , because (For Joemon) I have reviewed some of Joemon's levels in his third set. What about this fourth pack?

And (for namida) I would either do that pack straight after this level, or leave it out until all the other users have finished (As in, what about Clam Spammer and Yawg? Their levels haven't been reviewed in this thread).

L+ DOS demo: Level 10: No Salvation

Lemmings: 10
90% to be saved (9)
Time: 1 minute
Release rate: 99
Skills: 2 of each

Good: Finally, a really difficult 10th level in this pack which matches the learning curve :P, Forces a lot of incorrect solutions by the player.

Bad: A few things I don't like the look of: the broken pillars, the trap placement and more broken planks and stairs.

You can do my 4th pack then :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #160 on: October 24, 2009, 09:32:55 PM »
Take L+ out of the queue, I'll request reviews on the L+ topic so:
1) I can get feedback on them sooner, without others interfering.
2) Since it's part of a large pack, smaller ones can stay to this game.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2009, 12:16:26 PM »
Joe04 it is to review :)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 26, 2009, 09:43:39 PM »
lm_set03 - Level 2 - The Booby Trap

Bad: Couple fairly easy to implement back routes, one of which gets 100%.

I figured out how to backroute my level. :) By the way, did anyone get 100% on this level because on my backrouted solution, I only got as far as the intended target.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 28, 2009, 02:11:48 AM »
I get the "different header mechanics error for custom and onml so I can't see your solution, but I got the 100% back route by simply building up the shaft and bashing across. I tried the new version of the level you just released and it seems to have corrected this route.
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 28, 2009, 09:39:12 PM »
joe04 - Level 1 - Divided Loyalties

Lemmings:  60
To save:  40 (66%)
Release Rate:  10
Time:  5 minutes
Skills:
  • 4 climbers
  • 10 floaters
  • 8 bombers
  • 2 blockers
  • 20 builders
Good:
  • Level allows to lose lots of lemmings for the solution I found...
Okay:
  • With the skill selection available, I may have backrouted you!
Bad:
  • I have already said that my solution may have been a backroute.  Actually, I kind of hope it is.  NO ONE likes timed bombers.

My solution:
Quote from: Spoiler:  Highlight to read
Make the first lemming from the uppermost trapdoor a blocker.
Time a bomber at the thin wall on the left.
Now use the same technique to get through the right wall.
Time some bombers to bomb through the edge of the ground on the right so a builder can reach the exit.
Optionally, use a blocker to save more lemmings
Build to the exit.
Use builders to free the last group of lemmings (yes, they can squeeze through there).