Author Topic: Custom Level Review Game  (Read 77170 times)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
Re: Custom Level Review Game
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2009, 04:38:20 PM »
I've downloaded this pack and been trying to pass 'Buildo Station' but I can never reach the exit on time :O

Then you're doing it wrong. :P

A hint:
Try setting the release rate to 75-80 immediately, and never changing it from that.

I figured that out. Did you manage to pass?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2009, 06:53:41 AM »
Of course. I can even do it with one builder left over.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »
You going to review?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2009, 03:38:11 AM »
...I can't review my own levels. >_>
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 06, 2009, 12:04:20 PM »
...I can't review my own levels. >_>

Forgot it was one of your levels sorry

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #125 on: October 11, 2009, 04:28:02 AM »
Did you manage to beat it yet?

Another hint:
Don't try anything too complicated. The solution is actually very simple once you get the trick I mentioned in the last post. Also, there is a reason for the unusual number of lemmings in the level, and if you're trying it the right way, you'll notice the reason very quickly.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #126 on: October 11, 2009, 01:12:47 PM »
Once this pack, and the other two in the queue (Joemon's and IS's) are done, I'd like some feedback on the second LP DOS demo...
http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=142

And come onnn... someone review the next level pleeeaseeee...
My Lemmings projects

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 11, 2009, 03:30:50 PM »
Yes, someone review 'Buildo Station' :P

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #128 on: October 11, 2009, 10:12:45 PM »
Has anyone passed Buildo yet?

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2009, 12:23:09 AM »
Yeah, I did it awhile ago. Nothing intellectually challenging, just a whole lot of frustrating pinpoint clicking, and a finger on the pause button.

And a lot of resets.

Theres really nothing to review; its a concept level, and the concept is pretty simple. Could use more decoration, and it could have been made a lot more interesting if more lemmings were included. The player would then be forced to make adjustments to the release rate during the building process in order to minimize losses. As it stand, you just pop it to 85 and click 25 times. Yawn.
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Online Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2009, 01:54:52 AM »
Theres really nothing to review

Yes there is: a level. You review a level by posting an image and the level stats, and stating (at least) one good point and one bad. If there is nothing to say in one or the other category, say that. By going to that tiny bit of effort -- very tiny in comparison to what it sounds like you went through to actually complete the level -- you make this topic so much more interesting for those of us who are reading it and haven't played the levels (and those who may not remember what a particular level is like, if they come back to the topic a long time afterwards).

Offline Yawg

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2009, 02:04:28 AM »
Theres really nothing to review

Yes there is: a level. You review a level by posting an image and the level stats, and stating (at least) one good point and one bad. If there is nothing to say in one or the other category, say that. By going to that tiny bit of effort -- very tiny in comparison to what it sounds like you went through to actually complete the level -- you make this topic so much more interesting for those of us who are reading it and haven't played the levels (and those who may not remember what a particular level is like, if they come back to the topic a long time afterwards).

I'm sorry my review wasn't visually appealing enough for you. I had 5 minutes before I had to run out the door, and I figured I'd do this thread a favor and give it a kick-start; something nobody else seemed to want to do. If you don't like my review, I'd be happy to delete it if someone else wants to redo it. Perhaps instead of jumping into threads and criticizing people who are trying to keep them alive, you could contribute yourself.
Finally released my 6th level pack! Ten levels intended to push you quite a bit beyond the expectations of Mayhem/Havoc; check 'em out and let me know what you think!

http://camanis.net/lemmings/levelpacks.php?info&pack=174

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2009, 05:14:08 AM »
That pretty much WAS a review, Proxima. :P It just lacked the normal review layout.

So the next one to do then, is Bullet Lemming.
I'll remind you once again: If your version has 12 builders, you have the OLD version of Bullet Lemming. The new one only gives you 11 builders (everything else is the same however, so rather than redownloading, just make sure you have at least one builder left over).
My Lemmings projects

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2009, 03:12:33 PM »
We are getting there then :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2009, 11:01:32 AM »
Oh come on... is it THAT hard? =P
My Lemmings projects